Install from Web Key Only Works Once

3 years 1 month ago #323705 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Install from Web Key Only Works Once
I've patched your install with a fixed CB build with the utility function added and confirmed install from web is working fine now on the site where it didn't work at all. If you want me to investigate the site where it only sometimes works you'll need to provide credentials to that site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bascherz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323706 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Install from Web Key Only Works Once
What is Guzzle? I don't recall installing anything by that name.

Thanks for taking care of that, Kyle!

Bruce

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323707 by bascherz
Interesting. I just did an Plugins/Update All on the site you just visited, and after doing that it no longer senses the key used to do that and cannot connect to Install from Web. So this "only works once" issue appears to be common for both sites.

The supplied Site Key does not appear to be valid or has been disabled by administration. Your Site Key is domain strict and must match the domain provided by Joomla exactly, which would be your live_site value "www.mydomain.org". Please supply a valid Site Key within your Community Builder configuration then .

Also the following, which is obviously not the case (I am on here now!)...

You do not appear to be logged into www.joomlapolis.com/. This will cause Install from Web to treat you as a guest. Ensure you are logged in at www.joomlapolis.com/ and check browser settings to ensure 3rd party cookies are not blocked or consider generating a Site Key from your Joomlapolis profile and save it to your Community Builder configuration. Once you have logged in or set your Site Key .

3 years 1 month ago #323714 by krileon

What is Guzzle? I don't recall installing anything by that name.

It's a library for making HTTP calls.

Interesting. I just did an Plugins/Update All on the site you just visited, and after doing that it no longer senses the key used to do that and cannot connect to Install from Web. So this "only works once" issue appears to be common for both sites.

Your site is redirecting to www version of your site. Your site key is for non-www version. Again, it's domain strict. Please be consistent in how you access your site. I've generated a new site key with www. I can take a look at your other site if you provide credentials, but it's likely the same situation.

Also the following, which is obviously not the case (I am on here now!)...

That's because the site key failed and when that happens it falls back to attempt CORS call and if that fails you'll be treated as a public user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323720 by bascherz
I actually never type www. when I use the site. I think the .htaccess must be doing that by redirection. Whatever the case, I did test all this the other day, when I temporarily removed both keys for this site and enabled one with and one without the www. prefix individually (not together) and this still happened.

I deleted the key for the url without the www. and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks! I suspect the same thing is happening to the other site I mentioned, and I also suspect these .htaccess changes came about either in a Joomla update or the hosting company made them because it was working fine in the past.

3 years 1 month ago #323722 by krileon
Before the fix was applied install from web wouldn't work at all. At least on the site you provided credentials for. A new CB build was just released. Did updating to it cause this issue again?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn