CB activity - Send an email notification when a response is posted

3 years 1 month ago #323681 by Julien04
Hello,

How to send an email or/and PMS notification to the user who created a topic when a response is posted on his topic?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323690 by krileon
The notifications available for CB Activity can be enabled in CB Auto Actions > System Actions. I'm guessing you're referring to a notification for when someone comments on a post? That would be the "CB Activity - Comment Notification" system action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323699 by Julien04

I'm guessing you're referring to a notification for when someone comments on a post?

Yes !

This action system was already published.

Do I have to modify it to create a notification sent by mail and / or Pms and create a copy?

Could you give me the procedure please?

Thanks!

3 years 1 month ago #323701 by krileon

Do I have to modify it to create a notification sent by mail and / or Pms and create a copy?

Yes, it logs the notification to CB Activity and is accessed through CB Activity notification stream. It does not send a Email or PM, but it can if you make a copy of it and change the action type to Email or Private Message. The problem with sending email or PM is most notifications display is dynamic and is only available at time of display so you may not have any information to really send.

I will be improving this a lot with CB 3.x as I want to implement a centralized notification API that can handle this better to allow for Email, PM, Site, Push (browser based), and SMS (3rd party integration) notifications under 1 roof as well as notification digests so users are sent a collection of notifications at end of day, week, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

3 years 1 month ago #323703 by Julien04
Ok great !

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323713 by Julien04
Hello

I am unable to configure the action in E-mail ... Could you help me please?

I would like the owner of the post to receive an email when a response is posted on his activity.

The ideal would be to be able to:

- Modify the subject of the email
- Integrate a custom message in the email

It doesn't matter if he doesn't have the content of the reply, I just want him to be notified by email.

Do you think it's possible?

Thank you !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.696 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn