CB activity - Send an email notification when a response is posted

3 years 2 weeks ago #323718 by krileon
Make a copy of "CB Activity - Comment Notification" then make the following changes.

Global
Type: Email
Action
To: [user_id]

Now put whatever subject and message you like. You can access the comment variables with [var3_VARIABLE] substitutions and the activity variables with [var2_VARIABLE] (note var2 is the source object and it could be something other than an activity entry). You could try the following subject and body for example.

Subject: You have a new comment on your post!
Body:
[cb:userdata field="formatname" user="[var3_user_id]" /] has commented with "[var3_message]".

I don't recommend doing this though. It's a solid way to spam your users with dozens of emails from comments. This is why it's an on-site notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #323719 by Julien04
Thank you for all those informations !

I don't recommend doing this though. It's a solid way to spam your users with dozens of emails from comments. This is why it's an on-site notification.

Yes... I thought so too because it will take all the messages from all the walls.

do you think it is possible to consider this configuration just for an activity wall?

I was putting up a wall for members to ask me questions.

I configured it with Owner and CB Privacy: Private rights.

It's a kind of tech support wall created with Cb activity! :)

I wanted the user to receive an email when I replied to him on this wall.

So if we can adjust it for this wall it's tip top !?

Thanks!

3 years 2 weeks ago #323723 by krileon
If you're using a custom asset for your stream you should be able to just filter by asset under the conditions of the auto action. It's already doing this as is to only apply to profile streams so you should be able to adjust the REGEXP it's using.

It's a kind of tech support wall created with Cb activity!

I honestly don't recommend CB Activity for that. There's better extensions available for providing support workflows like forums or ticketing extensions. We do plan to provide our own forums eventually which would be able to handle this usecase, but forcing activity streams into such a usecase might be a bit of a headache.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julien04

3 years 2 weeks ago #323730 by Julien04

but forcing activity streams into such a usecase might be a bit of a headache

Hello !

First of all, I thank you for your sharing.

I took a step back from what you told me and will take your advice.

I will simplify the thing by falling back on an extension dedicated to this, that of aakeeba seems very clean, I will take it in hand.

I thank you very much for your listening and support.

Have a great day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn