Prevent users from joining groups

3 years 2 weeks ago #323712 by LukyPunco
Prevent users from joining groups was created by LukyPunco
Is there any way to prevent the Join the Group button from appearing?
The background is that I have a group category "Company", this should be something like a company page that nobody should join, it should only be an information page.
I want users to be able to create their own company pages, but this join function shouldn't be available.

thanks for your help

Ludwig

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #323716 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Prevent users from joining groups
Nope, there is no Page group type to allow for that. There are plans to add such a group type that'll disable user management features, but at this time it does not exist. The best you could do is block the join using CB Auto Actions, but it'd still be visible unless you used CSS to hide it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn