[SOLVED] cb conditional is not working anymore as it did last year

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #323898 by eddyd
Hi there,

when i use operator "contains" with value fe "Yes", the system doesn't show the related field anymore since last update or the update before. 4 months ago it worked perfect and now my whole configuration is reacting completely different. Are you aware of this or am i the only one.

I give a simple example :

Field 0 : when this field is on Yes, field 1 should be showed, this works fine
field 1 : first item
for this the user can choose between Yes, No and none. When this is on Yes, the system should show field 2 but he doesn't whatever i do.

I see that there are now parameters : displayed user, translate, registration,...
Since these parameters are added , my configuration doesn't work anymore.
I'm using the duch translation perhaps thats the reason.

This should be back online next week because 500 people are waiting for it.
Can i go back to an aerlier version.
My active ersion is : 2.5.0+build.2021.03.15.20.56.55.bab0ba330

Hope you can help me.

Best regards,
Eddy
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323912 by krileon
Condition behavior in latest CB Conditional is unchanged. Have retested and appears to be working fine in my tests. Some bugs however were fixed. Specifically fields being able to condition themselves has now be fixed and forces the condition to be a static condition. So if you had fields conditioning themselves you will notice different behavior there.

Field 0 : when this field is on Yes, field 1 should be showed, this works fine
field 1 : first item
for this the user can choose between Yes, No and none. When this is on Yes, the system should show field 2 but he doesn't whatever i do.

Is the screenshot of field 0, 1, or 2? You've multiple conditions on the field in the screenshot as well and they are AND conditions so both conditions must be met for that field to display. Please provide a full screenshot of all the conditions on the field.

I see that there are now parameters : displayed user, translate, registration,...
Since these parameters are added , my configuration doesn't work anymore.
I'm using the duch translation perhaps thats the reason.

Only the User parameter is new for fields and its defaulted to the correct user already. Locations already existed, but was redesigned to be easier to understand and all locations are selected anyway so that won't be an issue.

This should be back online next week because 500 people are waiting for it.

Please stop updating live sites without first testing. You should have 2 copies of your site. Live and Testing. Always update Testing before updating Live then be sure things still work as expected. We cannot guarantee something won't change in a way that breaks whatever usage you're using on your site. It's just not possible for us to foresee every known possible issue that could happen. At the very least if you do not want to do this please keep backups and always make a backup before updating anything.

Can i go back to an aerlier version.
My active ersion is : 2.5.0+build.2021.03.15.20.56.55.bab0ba330

No, you won't be able to downgrade from 2.5.0 due to how the Location parameter now works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323940 by eddyd

File Attachment:

File Name: cbprobleem.zip
File Size:305 KB

attached you can find the complete simulation what i have done (and worked fine until now) I really do not see what is wrong now.
I'l try to explain the steps :
1) in used variables.png you can see the names of the variables i have used
2) in zomerreeks_1.png ,zomerreeks_2,zomerreeks_3 you can see that i have 2 or conditions :
a) cb_aantalinschrijvingenperdeelnemer<3 AND zomerladder = Ja
b) zomerladder = Ja AND cb_aantalinschrijvingenperdeelnemer = empty
==> user1 , user3.png show zomerreeks if zomerladder = JA . This works fine

Next step:
1) when i select Dubbel in Zomerreeks, vtv nummer zomerdubbelpartner appears ( see vtvnr_1.png ) and this is ok but at that moment (whatever i select in zomerreeks (user3.png) none, Enkel, Dubbel,... ), Zomerreeks (2) does not appear and this is not OK, i think ,because it used to work like this what i explain in next steps :
a) open zomerreeks2_1.png : zomerladder = Ja AND zomerreeks contains Dubbel.
I think the system should show zomerreeks2 in this case but he doesn't and this is what was working in the past.
I used this in several other cases and this condition is showed nowhere.
So i do not see what i'm doing wrong at the moment.

Really hope you can help me.

Best regards,
Eddy
Attachments:

3 years 1 month ago #323942 by krileon
Please PM (link is in signature of each of my posts) backend super user login credentials and will take a look. Your conditions are likely working exactly as you've configured them to work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323972 by krileon
Ok, believe I've found and fixed the issue. Please update to latest CB Conditional build available now. You should not need to do anything to your conditions. Simply updating should fix the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddyd

3 years 1 month ago #323983 by eddyd
Hi Kyle,

problem is solved.
Thx very much.

Best regards,
Eddy

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn