How to remove background tab in profile edit

3 years 3 weeks ago #323986 by jeroen aalders
How to remove background tab in profile edit was created by jeroen aalders
Look, the tab with the system name ' PROFILE_FIELD_BACKGROUND ' shows in the edit profile tabs after a CB update. If I unpublish, I am not able to show the default canvas image. How to not show this system name tab in the user's profile edit?
Hear from you soon!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 weeks ago #323998 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to remove background tab in profile edit
PROFILE_FIELD_BACKGROUND is a language string provided by CB Quickstart. If you unpublish CB Quickstart it won't translate anymore. What are you trying to do exactly? Get rid of the canvas background image? If so just unpublish the "Canvas" tab in CB > Tab Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324009 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic How to remove background tab in profile edit
No I wish to keep the canvas, which is why I don't want to unpublish the "Canvas" tab.
I see that the cb quickstart plugin is already unpublished yet the tab still shows in the edit profile, so obviously, that doesn't work.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324010 by krileon
If you don't want to allow users to upload canvas images, but still allow the default canvas or backend supplied canvases to display then within CB > Field Management turn off the edit display for the canvas field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 3 weeks ago #324011 by jeroen aalders
Replied by jeroen aalders on topic How to remove background tab in profile edit
I did... Show on Profile Edit is set to 'no', you are talking about 'USER_CANVAS_IMAGE_TITLE' are you not???

3 years 3 weeks ago #324012 by krileon
At this point I've no idea what you're trying to do or what the issue is. Please describe clearly what you're wanting to do exactly and provide screenshots of how it's displaying. Setting the canvas field to not display on profile edit will hide it from profile edit on frontend; it will not hide it from backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn