Connections Model Exist?

2 years 11 months ago #324128 by tellit2me
Connections Model Exist? was created by tellit2me
I'm trying to evaluate if Community Builder will work for my needs before purchasing the higher Developer Tier.

Does Community Builder have a connections model or some way other than JDatabase to find out if 2 users are connected outside Community Builder?

I would like to customize other Joomla Extensions to be able to show and hide features based on whether or not 2 users are connected, and which type of connection.

I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything, so I thought I would just ask.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connections Model Exist?
We've API for checking connection status, yes. You'd need to be more specific on how you intend to integrate into other extensions for me to really suggest anything more. For example if you are just acting on a Joomla event you should already be able to do this in CB Auto Actions as it has a condition for connection status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324143 by tellit2me
Replied by tellit2me on topic Connections Model Exist?
Is the API only available for developers?

I'm exploring the idea of certain members being able to build stores in another component. Then, within these stores, they can list products publically or just to friends. And/or, without administering coupons, have a friends-only pricing.

2 years 11 months ago #324146 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connections Model Exist?

Is the API only available for developers?

The API is available to everyone. CB is completely open source. You've access to all of its code. You do not need a Developer subscription to use the API. The Developer subscription provides everything that Professional does in addition to CB Paid Subscriptions and CB Package Builder with higher priority support.

And/or, without administering coupons, have a friends-only pricing.

Best way to do that is usually a coupon they can give to friends.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn