Can I show the Joomla privacy consent on CB profile edit page?

2 years 11 months ago #324173 by fkrauth
Hi,
I understood that I can include the params field in the registration form to integrate the Joomla privacy consent with CB.
It it also possible to show this field on the CB profile page edit? I.e. to show to the user that he/she has accepted.

I know that you have a solution with CB fields, but I would like to understand if it is possible with the original Joomla consent.

Thanks!

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324184 by krileon
If the Joomla privacy consent field has an edit display then yes you can display it on profile edit using that same params field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #331948 by fkrauth
Hi Kyle,
My this is a bit older topic but it became again relevant for me. I am using the Joomla privacy integration via the params field and not the CB solution. It works well to show the privacy consent in the registration form by enabling the params field.
However, I need to also show the already given consent in the profie and have to allow users to withdraw their already given consent.
In native Joomla this would be possible on the profile page. But I can't show the consent in the CB profile nor in edit profile, even if I enable it to show in profile and edit.

Could you please have a look into this?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Frank

1 year 3 months ago #331955 by krileon
Joomla 3 or Joomla 4? Is there a reason you're using Joomla's instead of CBs Terms and Conditions fieldtypes, which allow for unlimited terms and conditions fields with mandatory consent checking?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #331960 by fkrauth
Hi!
Still J3. We nave not yet migrated.
Main reason that we are using Joomla's core consent fuction is that we stared with it initially and it allows me to use the build-in privacy-suite fuctions from Joomla.

Best,
Frank

1 year 3 months ago #331961 by krileon
Have added a feature ticket to support displaying privacy consent with revoking functionality in profile edit, but I do not have a timeframe for when this will be implemented.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9088

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn