editable field in Community Builder: User Management

2 years 11 months ago #324183 by carin
How can I put an editable text field in the Community Builder: User Management table. I want to be able to make quick notes for each user directly in the user table so I do not have to go into each user just to add 3 words to the notes. Thanks

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324188 by krileon
You can't, we don't have a notes feature in CB. You'll have to use Joomlas user management for that. With CB 3.x rewrite for Joomla 4 we're planning on just using and extending Joomla core user so there won't be a CB > User Management anymore in the future hopefully.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324203 by carin
Oh too bad. I extended the CB > User Management table already with custom columns. Where are these fields going when I lose that table in J4?

CB 2.0

2 years 11 months ago #324214 by krileon
CB 3.x migration extension will move CB user data to Joomla user profile data. We plan to provide a migration extension to move CB 2.x data and settings to CB 3.x as much as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn