[SOLVED] How to change the font sizes in GroupJive

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324317 by alumni-ges
Hello,

i want to change the font sizes in the GrouJive landing pages. I have found the entries in template.css and bootstrap.css. But if i change them in default Template, it changes it in the backend pages for configuration too, but i only want to change it in the front end. How can i do so? I have appended the changes in a txt file.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to change the font sizes in GroupJive
If font size is small in general in CB then see the below as it's likely caused by your Joomla template.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/239316-community-builder-2-2-bootstrap-4-release?start=6#305472

As for just styling CB GroupJive use .cbGroupJive CSS class around your styles as it surrounds all of GJ. For example the following should change the base font size throughout all of GJ.

.cbGroupJive {
    font-size: 2rem;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324343 by alumni-ges
Replied by alumni-ges on topic How to change the font sizes in GroupJive
Hello Kyle,

in which css file must i put your code snippet?

Thank you gain for your excellent help.

2 years 11 months ago #324349 by krileon
You can add custom CSS to CBs CSS overrides feature shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324351 by alumni-ges
Replied by alumni-ges on topic How to change the font sizes in GroupJive
Hello Kyle,

i have do so under Plugin->standard->Override

and it works for some font sizes, but not for all as you can see in the appended screenshot. How can i change the other font sizes?

Thank you again.
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #324352 by krileon
That's a CB Activity menu. You won't be able to change the font size of that specifically for GJ. You can only do that for GJ menu items using the gjMenuItems CSS class. Why are you changing font size for just GJ instead of globally? CBs font size reset is as follows.

.cb_template {
    font-size: 1rem;
}

You can override this as follows to change the base font size throughout CB.

.cb_template {
    font-size: 2rem;
}

However your font should never be tiny. It scales based off your browsers accessibility so based off browser font size. If it's not then your Joomla template is breaking this accessibility as explained in the below topic.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/239316-community-builder-2-2-bootstrap-4-release?start=6#305472

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn