[SOLVED] Values from Fields in Group Field not being saved

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324462 by autobahn
I have tab containing a single group field which contains
• several Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields
• several Text fields
• several Drop Down (Single Select) field

The tab is displayed depending on whether another field, external to the field group, is set to Yes or No.

The second of the Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields is (probably unnecessarily) displayed only if the external field is set to No.

One of the Text fields is displayed only for a particular value in the second of the conditional Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields.

As this conditional text field was not updating on the database I updated my test installation with the latest CB Conditional to see if that would fix the problem. It did, but now three of the Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields in the group are not being saved to the database and are being reset to empty. This data is not saved both on entering new data and on updating the fields.

I have tried removing the condition from the second of the Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields but it made no difference to the outcome.
I have very carefully checked and compared the settings for all the fields in the group (including all the Integrations) to ensure that they are the same on both the live system and the test system. The only difference I have detected is that in the latest version of CB Conditional there is now a User field (Displayed/Viewing). Otherwise the only difference between the two installations is the version of CB Conditional.

In both installations the CB Conditional parameters values are:
Backend: Enable
Reset: Enable
Debug: Disable

Live versions
PHP: 7.3.27
Server version: 10.3.28-MariaDB
CB Conditional: 5.0.0+build.2020.08.12.15.46.15.ae35739f0

Test (localhost) versions
PHP: 7.4.15
Server version: 10.4.17-MariaDB
CB Conditional: 6.0.0+build.2021.03.23.15.23.53.94e7f2fd2

Both installations
Joomla!: 3.9.25
CB: 2.5.0+build.2021.04.09.20.27.16.19d16d5eb

I cannot bring my live installation up-to-date until this problem is resolved otherwise I may lose a lot of data.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324467 by krileon
Ensure your test installation is 100% up to date. The interactions between CB Field Groups, CB Conditional, CB Query Field, CB Code Field, and CB Privacy require all of them to be up to date.

I have a chained query field usage in my fieldgroup test case working perfectly fine so this has been verified as working. See the below of it working. If yours is not please provide the query you're using in that query field as it's possible there's an issue with your query.

Edit:

Display:

If you believe CB Conditional is the culprit then unpublish it on your test install and see if your query fields save.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

2 years 11 months ago #324470 by autobahn
Thank you.

I have set up a new copy of my live site this morning, so I will now update it with absolutely everything so that I have a totally up-to-date version and try again.

Is it possible to get a second site key so that I can 'install from web' on my localhost or is that an ask too far?

2 years 11 months ago #324472 by krileon

Is it possible to get a second site key so that I can 'install from web' on my localhost or is that an ask too far?

You can create as many site keys as you like. The only limit is you can't have 2 site keys for the same domain. You can manage your site keys from your Site Keys tab in your Joomlapolis profile or on the page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/site-keys

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324474 by autobahn
Excellent - thank you :)

2 years 11 months ago #324478 by autobahn
I have updated everything, including plugins that are installed not not published (because we don't use them).

Three of the Query Drop Down (Single Select) fields are still not being saved but have been given NULL values. I checked the actual values in comprofiler.

I unpublished CB Conditional as you suggested, and on re-entering the edit the values were saved correctly. Again, I checked the actual values in comprofiler.

Just in case it's relevant, these three fields were previously set to Field Conditional Hide but all were reset to CB Normal Settings when the condition was no longer needed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn