Welcome email and Classified Ads

2 years 10 months ago #324703 by eciudad
Welcome email and Classified Ads was created by eciudad
1. Is there a way to have the welcome email in the new member language?
2. is there a way not to send the password and login information on the initial email?
3. is there a way fo CB just to send activity emails to only the member of specific groups rather than the entire population? No body is getting anything right now, so they do not know what is happening in the community.
4. Does CB has a classified Ads plugin or capability?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #324704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Welcome email and Classified Ads

Yes, ensure you've set the params field to display on registration so they can select their language during registration. CB should have no issues switching the language during email sending.

2. is there a way not to send the password and login information on the initial email?

It shouldn't be emailing password unless you're using randomly generated passwords in which case it has to so they have their password. Otherwise yes you can edit the pending email body and remove usage of [DETAILS] either in the language string or by directly overriding the pending email body in CB > Configuration > Registration.

3. is there a way fo CB just to send activity emails to only the member of specific groups rather than the entire population? No body is getting anything right now, so they do not know what is happening in the community.

CB Activity doesn't send emails. As for CB Activity notifications they are only logged in the Notifications feature of CB Activity by CB Auto Actions. You can use CB Auto Actions to send email notifications if you want, but you risk significant spam as it doesn't have a email queue or digest feature at this time.

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #324723 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Welcome email and Classified Ads

krileon wrote:

Yes, ensure you've set the params field to display on registration so they can select their language during registration. CB should have no issues switching the language during email sending.

This was done long ago. Will deeper.

It shouldn't be emailing password unless you're using randomly generated passwords in which case it has to so they have their password. Otherwise yes you can edit the pending email body and remove usage of [DETAILS] either in the language string or by directly overriding the pending email body in CB > Configuration > Registration.

Will edit it here "remove usage of [DETAILS] either in the language string or by directly overriding the pending email body in CB > Configuration > Registration." Thank you

CB Activity doesn't send emails. As for CB Activity notifications they are only logged in the Notifications feature of CB Activity by CB Auto Actions. You can use CB Auto Actions to send email notifications if you want, but you risk significant spam as it doesn't have a email queue or digest feature at this time.

I do not like spam, it is not good for the site. The reason I asked is because I do not see notifications of anything and users are telling me that only when they go into the site is that the find that there posting by other members and that they have messages. I will look around and see if there is anything turned off.

No.

Will look around for a plugin.

Thank you

2 years 10 months ago #324856 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Welcome email and Classified Ads

"Yes, ensure you've set the params field to display on registration so they can select their language during registration. CB should have no issues switching the language during email sending."

Just to verify I did it correctly, would that be the "Front End" or the "Back End" selection or both?

Thank you

2 years 10 months ago #324859 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Welcome email and Classified Ads

Just to verify I did it correctly, would that be the "Front End" or the "Back End" selection or both?

You'll only need the Frontend Language field to be available during registration, which is output by the params field. That should allow the language switching to take place.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eciudad

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn