Credentials

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #324957 by fede312
CBSubs "Verification Mismatch" was created by fede312
I keep getting Subscriber's verification Mismatches on CBSubs, it happens only with Stripe Payments, it does not happen with PayPal. Also, it doesn't happen with every Stripe Subscription, I have that problem currently with only 10 subscribers.

The error says IPN notification invalid hash / Fraud Attempt

Note: the transactions are not fraudulent, they are valid

So when that happens, the subscriber gets charged, but the subscription expires from CBSubs, so I have to manually resubscribe them every month within CBSubs.

Therefore, every month I have to carefully check every payment on Stripe and make sure it went through on CBSubs, and manually resubscribe the ones that didn't, which is a very tedious job.

Is there another way to fix that verification mismatch?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #324963 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs "Verification Mismatch"
Review the IPN within CBSubs > Notifications and the history within CBSubs > History Log to see why it's failing. You may have something configured incorrectly. It should tell you exactly why it was rejected as fraud in the History Log. A fraud error usually means there's a mismatch in what their basket price is and what they were charged or the Stripe verification hash failed which is dependent on the "Stripe webhook Signing Secret" parameter being absolutely correct.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325376 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic CBSubs "Verification Mismatch"
Yes, It must be something like that apologize for my lack of knowledge.

I've spoke to Stripe and they do not see any issues, everything checks out fine. The Webhook, the URL, Publishable and Secret Keys are all correct, as well as the subscriber transaction.

The issue is that I do not know what to tell the subscriber. The problem is with the auto-renewal (recurring payment) they email me telling me that their account got charged but their subscription is expired. All I do is re-activate the account from CBSubs, but then next month is the same. Plus they keep piling up, every time there are more, to the point that it already became unmanageable. :(

This is an Example of Notification Raw Data of one of the accounts, see if you can help me interpret what could be wrong. As I said, the payment goes through fine on Stripe, but CBSubs rejects it and expires the account.

This message contains confidential information

2 years 9 months ago #325383 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs "Verification Mismatch"
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

2 years 9 months ago #325410 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic Credentials
I've sent you a PM the login credentials.

Right away in history log you'll see a user Terrymila Deactivated with status Expired.
This is one of the accounts that the payment goes through but goes out if sync.

Thank a lot! :)

2 years 9 months ago #325421 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Credentials
CB, CBSubs, and CBSubs Stripe are all out of date on your site. Please update to latest releases. Once you are done updating your site navigate to Stripe and on the Developers page under "API version" ensure you've the latest enabled and if not update to latest. Next under Developers > Webhooks click your webhook URL and ensure its Version also matches the latest "API version". If the webhook version did not update then create a new webhook URL and be sure to supply its signing secret to CBSubs Stripe.

Right away in history log you'll see a user Terrymila Deactivated with status Expired.

They used PayPal and their IPN tells you exactly why it failed. It's due to recurring_payment_suspended_due_to_max_failed_payment status. This means PayPal failed to bill them on PayPals end. So their PayPal account has invalid payment method stored. There's several IPNs logged regarding their failed payment attempts.

As for Stripe it's failing, because the webhook verification is failing. You'll notice in CBSubs > History Log there's logs of "stripe Stripe IPN fraud attempt. ERROR: signature SIGNATURE_HERE returned by Stripe does not match the value we expected: Invalid transaction. Please contact site administrator to check error log.". This is almost always due to "Stripe webhook Signing Secret" being set incorrectly. After updating as instructed above navigate to Developers > Webooks > YOUR_URL at Stripe then click "click to reveal" under "Signing secret" and copy that string to your CBSubs Stripe gateway without any leading or trailing spaces.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds