[SOLVED] Username problem in 2.6.0

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #325214 by hsteenkuyl
[SOLVED] Username problem in 2.6.0 was created by hsteenkuyl
Our website is CB 2.5.0 - Joomla 3.9.27 on PHP 7.3.27 and MySQL 5.5.5-10.4.19-MariaDB-log-cll-lve on Linux 4.18.0-147.8.1.el8.lve.1.x86_64.

The problem is when upgrading to CB 2.6.0 in the list with field username, the username is not displayed and the link with the profile edit does not work (the moderator profile is displayed). All is well in CB 2.5.0, nothing else has changed.

Is this a bug in 2.6.0 or is something else needed to make this work?

Many thanks
Tini Schuurmans

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325228 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Username problem in 2.6.0
Ensure all of CB is up to date and not just CB itself. As far as username display nothing has changed. My guess is it's an interaction with a plugin possibly causing your issue. Do you have CB Privacy or CB Conditional installed? Both can impact the display of fields. Ensure they're up to date if installed and if issue persists unpublish them in CB > Plugin Management to see if issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325246 by hsteenkuyl
Replied by hsteenkuyl on topic Username problem in 2.6.0
Thanks Krileon for your quick reply.

All plugins are up to date. I do not have CB Privacy or CB Conditional installed. I have unbpublished one-by-one all plugins, but no solution. The problem remains.

Any other thoughts?
Again, everything worked fine in 2.5.0 and nothing is changed in CB's setup, settings, or list configurations.

Thanks for your support.
Tini

2 years 10 months ago #325260 by krileon
Are you trying to display the username field directly on the userlist or using the formatname field? It's recommended to always use the formatname field instead of directly displaying username or name fields. Be sure whichever you are using are configured to display on profile in CB > Field Management and are on a tab that's published otherwise they won't be visible on your userlist. Note that isn't behavior specific to CB 2.6.0 and has always been this way.

and the link with the profile edit does not work (the moderator profile is displayed)

Not sure what you mean by this though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325261 by hsteenkuyl
Replied by hsteenkuyl on topic Username problem in 2.6.0
Hi Krileon,

See screenshot 1, i use the filed as displayed as username directly from the dropdown, this has always worked and also other fields in this list which are in the xxxc_users table work ok. Only the field username does not.

See screenshot-2 for the result of the list in 2.6.0 (running on a cloned site with only CB updated to 2.6.0) and screenshot-3 in 2.5.0
When clicking on any field in the list pops up the profile of that user so that it can be moderated.

Hope this helps explaining my problem.
Attachments:

2 years 10 months ago #325264 by krileon
Is the username field set to display on profile within CB > Field Management? Is the tab that the username field is on also published? That's really the only reason it won't display unless a plugin is hiding it (e.g. CB Conditional or CB Privacy). Don't know what else to suggest. PM backend super user login credentials if the field still isn't visible after checking its profile display parameter and tab publish state and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn