[SOLVED] Username problem in 2.6.0

2 years 9 months ago #325268 by hsteenkuyl
Replied by hsteenkuyl on topic Username problem in 2.6.0
Is the username field set to display on profile within CB > Field Management? Yes
Is the tab that the username field is on also published? Yes.

I'll send a PM with login details.

Thanks again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Username problem in 2.6.0
Use the "send me a private message" link in my signature to PM me. Please do not send login details or anything of the sort in connection request messages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325274 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and on userlists and profile edit the username is set to NULL in the user object. This is being done incredibly early in the user object loading process, which suggests something 3rd party is acting on either Joomla user events or CB user triggers and setting it to NULL. The alternative is you've a database problem and that's causing this.

To check if it's a database problem first make sure your entire Joomla database has the same collation. You can't mix collations so it will cause query issues like this. If you've phpmyadmin the easiest way to fix this is navigate to the database and click "Operations" at the top then scroll "Collation" and select "utf8mb4_unicode_ci" (Joomlas default collation) from the dropdown then check the "Change all tables collations" and "Change all tables columns collations" checkboxes then click "Go". This will fix collation problems.

After being sure all collations are the same navigate to the _comprofiler table and be sure the following columns do not exist. They belong to _users and should not be in _comprofiler. Some 3rd party plugins or extensions for whatever reason insert these into _comprofiler when they shouldn't.

username
name
email
password
block
sendEmail
registerDate
lastvisitDate
activation
params
lastResetTime
resetCount
optKey
otep
requireReset

If you see ANY of the above in _comprofiler delete those columns.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325275 by krileon
Ok, made a test query using CB Auto Actions and confirmed you have the following core Joomla columns in _comprofiler.

username
password

Delete both of those database columns from the _comprofiler table. This will fix your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 9 months ago #325280 by hsteenkuyl
Replied by hsteenkuyl on topic Username problem in 2.6.0
Many thanks Krileon, it indeed works now.

Thanks for your great support.

Regards
Tini
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn