uploaded files disappear from the profile after changing other profile data

2 years 9 months ago #325236 by hans1966
New members of my website need to upload several files to complete the CB registration form. In the next step the administrator adds (in the backend) a specific reference number to the profile of each new member. A message is mailed that says that not only a reference number is added to the profile, but it says also that the all uploaded files are empty. It ‘s even more strange that the administrator has not the opportunity to upload the missing files again (the file upload fields are not visible at the backend) and the uploaded files are still available in the member directory “plug_cbfilefield” . This problem did not occur in the CB version of last December…. Could someone tell me how this problem could occur and how I can solve this problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325256 by krileon
Are you conditioning the file fields with CB Conditional? If so unpublish CB Conditional in CB > Plugin Management and see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325282 by hans1966
Yes, the problem did not occur when I unpublish the plugin CB_Conditional. I hope that this step is only required to find the rootcause of my problem. Or does this mean that this plugin is not supported in the current CB version?

2 years 9 months ago #325289 by krileon
That means you're conditioning away the field in profile edit. This will result in the fields value being emptied as it resets the value of the field. Either turn off value resetting within the conditions of that field or more than likely you need to fix your condition as it doesn't seam to be working correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn