Upgrade to CB 2.6 layout issues

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #325247 by pjfroelofs
Upgrade to CB 2.6 layout issues was created by pjfroelofs
We upgraded CB to version 2.6, which resulted in some layout problems in the frontend.

On the right CB 2.6

-1- There is are 2 checkboxes visible.
One in the topbar, one in the tab-bar.
How do I disable them?

-2- There is a message ‘member since’, which results in less space for the info fields.
Is there an option to remove the ‘member since’ message?

-3- The topbar grey color changed to white.
This might be a custom css issue.

-4- Attachment 2
When I click to the activity feed of this person (it is called rapportage on our website)
You can see that the amount of space where the message is added, is truncated.
How do I solve this?

-5- attachment 3
The member userlist overview.
Two questions:
-a- Can we disable the borders around the users?

-b- Users without a profile image are now shown with their initials.
But that image is larger then the ones with the profile pictures.
Is it possible to make them the same size?

-6- attachment 4

In the activity feed, the dates changed from date/time format, to 'xx days ago'.
Can we get the date/time format back?

Please advise,
Patrick
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325262 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade to CB 2.6 layout issues
We changed the layout some in CB 2.6.0. Seams you're using custom CSS or maybe a custom CB template. Review your custom CSS and make adjustments where needed. If you're using a template changed by CB Template Changer and its Template Builder feature then please update CB Template Changer and recompile your template to update its CSS.

See my below blog post regarding the styling changes.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18930-community-builder-2-6-0

If anyone has heavily restyled CB please use a staging site. A staging site is a copy of your live site. Perform updates on your staging site, adjust your styling if needed, then update your live site. It is quite literally impossible for us to take into account your custom styling when we make layout changes to CB.

Use our demo site below for what to expect profiles to look like by default.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan

-1- There is are 2 checkboxes visible.
One in the topbar, one in the tab-bar.
How do I disable them?

Your Joomla template is doing that. Those checkboxes are supposed to be hidden and they're already hidden and are used to toggle the More behavior for menus and tab navigation.

-2- There is a message ‘member since’, which results in less space for the info fields.
Is there an option to remove the ‘member since’ message?

Move the "User Status" tab in CB > Tab Management to a not shown on profile position if you don't want that. It shouldn't suddenly redisplay if you had already done this so my guess is you had hid it with custom CSS at some point.

-3- The topbar grey color changed to white.
This might be a custom css issue.

That'd be a custom CSS issue. It has always been a light gray, almost white, color.

-4- Attachment 2
When I click to the activity feed of this person (it is called rapportage on our website)
You can see that the amount of space where the message is added, is truncated.
How do I solve this?

Your Joomla template or custom CSS is doing that. The textarea is having its width limited.

-5- attachment 3
The member userlist overview.
Two questions:
-a- Can we disable the borders around the users?

Yes, use custom CSS to remove the border if you don't want a border. Seams like you were already doing that. Maybe it's your custom CSS that has stopped working? Seams like none of it is being applied anymore.

-b- Users without a profile image are now shown with their initials.
But that image is larger then the ones with the profile pictures.
Is it possible to make them the same size?

The defaults for the Avatar field were changed. If you never saved the avatar field even once then the new defaults will be applied. Edit the Avatar field in CB > Field Management and change the default empty if you don't want it to use the new automated initials based avatars. As for sizing you can size them using CSS.

In the activity feed, the dates changed from date/time format, to 'xx days ago'.
Can we get the date/time format back?

How old was your install? There is no option for displaying dates in CB Activity like that. It has used the "ago" format for a very long time. Only way to change this would be a custom CB Activity template and adjusting the code for date display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326123 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Upgrade to CB 2.6 layout issues
Dear support.
Almost all issues are solved apart from one.

-1-There are 2 checkboxes visible.

We are using latest version of CB and of the template.

Do we have to adress the developer for this problem?

Regards
Attachments:

2 years 7 months ago #326128 by krileon
Are you applying custom CSS to CBs profile? If so check your CSS carefully as you're causing the more toggle checkbox to be visible. It's hidden with CSS using an !important flag so your CSS would need to also be using an !important flag forcing it visible. Try using the below CSS to have a stricter CSS selector try and hide it.

.cb_template .cbNavBar .cbNavBarOverflowToggle {
	display: none !important;
}

Use built in CB CSS overrides as shown below to add this to your site.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326133 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Upgrade to CB 2.6 layout issues
That did not solve the problem...

I will pm you the login so you can login the frontend.
- press icon right top to login
- you will automatically see a user list
- click on one of the users to see theis profile page and the the two checkboxes

Thanks.

2 years 7 months ago #326136 by krileon
Your issue is caused by your Joomla template tampering with every checkbox element on the page. It's specifically modifying them and adding the CSS class "jf_check" to their label elements. If they don't have a label element it's adding one followed by inserting an icon child element. That checkbox in CB doesn't have one and isn't supposed to have one as it's used as a state management for the more menu items behavior. There's nothing I can do about this. Please contact the developer of your Joomla template.

If you've any further strange issues like this please remember to switch to default Joomla template, confirm if issue still persists, and if it does please let us know otherwise report whatever issue you're having with your template developer.

Please in the future do not send login credentials that were not requested.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn