Change default notification settings

2 years 10 months ago #325339 by AlanJones
Change default notification settings was created by AlanJones
I can't seem to find the options listed here. I want to default new users to have notifications turned on for groups. Especially "Create new activity" notifications. I've searched for awhile to no avail. Thanks for any help.

Own Your Own Community!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325345 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change default notification settings
The CB Gallery and CB Activity notification parameters are added by their System Actions in CB Auto Actions so there is no parameter to adjust those defaults. You'll have to make copies of their System Actions then adjust the auto action. As for the other notifications there's parameters within CB GroupJive and the various GJ integrations for adjusting notification defaults.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325353 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Change default notification settings
What is the setting called inside the auto action? Especially for create of new activity.

Own Your Own Community!

2 years 10 months ago #325354 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Change default notification settings
Within "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification Edit" under Action in the Code parameter you'll see the following.

.			moscomprofilerHTML::radioListButtons( $listEnable, 'params[activity_new]', null, 'value', 'text', $input->get( 'post/params.activity_new', $variables['var2']->params()->get( 'activity_new', 0, \CBLib\Registry\GetterInterface::INT ), \CBLib\Registry\GetterInterface::INT ), 1, null, null, false )

Where it's getting the parameter value for the notification activity_new it has a default of 0 next to it. Change that to a 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn