[SOLVED] Need help with canvas picture

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325416 by SKWebb
Dear support team,

I need some help!

When members log in they can upload pics to galleries but it's not longer possible to upload a canvas pic??

Latest version: 2.6.0+build.2021.06.09.14.09.01.4e7cb9744
and Joomla 3.9.11

What settings should I check? I've been looking around here in the forum and found some jQuery-solutions but it didn't make any difference when I tried. Can anyone give me some clues?

thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325419 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need help with canvas picture
They can't upload to the canvas field or they can't upload to CB Gallery? What do you mean they can't upload? As in the field doesn't display in profile edit? It does nothing when selecting a file? Please be more specific.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325420 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic Need help with canvas picture
Can not upload canvas pic.

If you choose a pic from gallery it's working fine. But when trying to upload picture nothing happens after clicking Save. No picture...

I made an illustration with some English explanations since it's all in Swedish.
Attachments:

2 years 9 months ago #325422 by krileon
What browser are you using? Is client side resizing enabled in CB > Field Management > canvas > Parameters > Image Limits? If enabled try disabling and retrying. It's possible client side resizing is failing for you for whatever reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325429 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic Need help with canvas picture
Thanks for reply!

I have tested in safari, firefox and chrome.

I tried to disable and enable resizing. I also tested to just disable the Image Limits and then enable it again, but nothing helped... Still just a grey background. Also tried to take away the picture (is it a grey background pic?) to have "no picture" and then upload again, but still no pic in the canvas area. I have also tried both jpg and png. No luck.

Can I have accidently done something with the settings some other place??

2 years 9 months ago #325442 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retry. I'm guessing there's some sort of error happening. Do you have CB Gallery installed? If so are you able to upload through it? That'd at least let us know uploads are working ok permission wise.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn