Activity feed - extra info in the top

2 years 9 months ago #325571 by pjfroelofs
Activity feed - extra info in the top was created by pjfroelofs
Is it possible to add some personal message or information in the top of the activity feed of a profile?
I would like to have an editable message, that is different on every profile.

Please advice,
Patrick
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity feed - extra info in the top
Yup, had a pending ticket to output the activity tab description on profile. This is now implemented in latest CB Activity build release. So you'll be able to add whatever HTML and substitution supported message you like to the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management. This will display directly above the stream.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 9 months ago #325581 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Activity feed - extra info in the top
Thanks Krileon, that is good news!

In my case I would like to show some text, that is editable and different in every profile.
So maybe I should define a new textarea field in the personal info tab of the profile.
So the user can change his own text message.
Lets say it is called CB_ACTIVITY_TXT

How do I show that specific field in the top of the activity feed?

Thanks,
Regards,
Patrick

2 years 9 months ago #325585 by krileon
For per-user you'll have to use a field like you've discovered. Once you have the field created simply substitute it into the tab description and it'll display. See the below on how to use substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

So for example you'd have the following as the Activity tab description.

[cb:userfield field="cb_activity_text" /]

If you only want this visible to the profile owner you can surround it with an IF condition as well. Example as follows.

[cb:if user_id="myid"][cb:userfield field="cb_activity_text" /][/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325903 by pjfroelofs
Replied by pjfroelofs on topic Activity feed - extra info in the top
Hi Krileon,

I followed your steps, but there is no text showing in the front end website. Not even the word 'Doelen'.

Backend:

Frontend:

Please advise.
Patrick
Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #325911 by krileon
Ensure CB Activity is up to date. Have confirmed description outputs fine.

Edit Tab

Tab Display

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn