CB Conditional build 2021.04.23 vs. 2021.07.12

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325697 by fkrauth
Hi!

I noticed a different behavior of CB Conditional in the latest release that causes problems on my site.

Setup:
Field A (checkbox, not required), Field B (text, shows up when Field A is checked and then it is required, field is marked as required)

Build 2021.04.23:
Field B being required is only validated when Field A is checked. This is my desired behavior. Field B does only show up when Field A is checked and then it is validated.

Build 2021.07.12:
Field B is also validated/required if it does not show up (i.e. when Field A is not checked). This behavior is different and causing problems as Field B does not show up and therefore should not be validated.

Could you please have a look at it?
Thanks a lot!

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325704 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. Do you have any conditions on Field A that could be conditioning Field A away during PHP processing? Is this happening in profile edit, registration, or both?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325706 by fkrauth
Hi!
It happens both in profile edit and registration. When downgrading to 2021.04.23, I can leave the required flag on field B. When I switch back to the latest version, it does not work anymore.

I will check field A now as you recommended. But the behavior is for sure different between those two versions of the plugin.

Frank

2 years 8 months ago #325707 by krileon
It's possible it was working due to a bug or it could be a new regression bug. Please let me know if you've any conditions applied to Field A and what they are so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325708 by fkrauth
Hi again,
There was a condition on Field A but I removed it now. The behavior for Field B is still the same.
I will try to to reproduce it on my demo site and let you know, if I can reproduce it there.

Frank

2 years 8 months ago #325709 by krileon
Is there maybe an auto action configured that's changing the fields value? Only reason I can think of for it to do that is for some reason the field thinks the checkbox field is checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn