Creating a "Get Information" link for users

2 years 8 months ago #325846 by elian
Hi,

is there any way to set up a joomla link, on which a user could enter their e-mail adress and be sent a specified set of data stored in their community builder account?

I hope that made some sense.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating a "Get Information" link for users
Is this meant to only be used if they're already logged in or do you specifically want it to work with being able to enter any email address? It's possible to do both with CB Auto Actions, but significantly easier to only work for already logged in users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325871 by elian
We would want the users to simply enter their e-mail which is linked to their user account without being logged in.

2 years 8 months ago #325875 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating a "Get Information" link for users
The below CB Auto Action should support doing that.

Global
Triggers: None
Type: Email
Access: Everybody
User: Code
User
$emailUser = new \CB\Database\Table\UserTable();

$emailUser->loadByEmail( '[post_email]' );

return $emailUser;
Action
To: (leave empty)
Subject: Hello [username]!
Body:
Your username is [username]. Your name is [name].
Output
Display: Redirect
URL: INPUT_URL_HERE

You can customize the email however you like as the above is purely an example. Replace INPUT_URL_HERE with where you want to redirect them to after the email is sent. The next step is you need to create the HTML form that will POST to this auto action. You will find the URL for this auto action under the Global tab once you've saved it. That will be the URL you'll use in your form and the email address input should just have a name of "email" to work out of the box with the above user parsing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn