comments and profile text

2 years 8 months ago #325863 by SKWebb
comments and profile text was created by SKWebb
Hi support team!

I've been searching here in the forum and also in "Community Builder 2.0 Primer"-pdf but can't find the answers of these two questions:

1. If you are not connected you can not comment on posts. We want to change so that everybody can comment on everybody's posts. Where do I do that?

2. Members can not write anything in "About" ("Om" in Swedish - see pic) Contact, Canvas and Portrait is working fine. It worked just fine but now nothing happens when trying to write... Where are the settings for that?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic comments and profile text

1. If you are not connected you can not comment on posts. We want to change so that everybody can comment on everybody's posts. Where do I do that?

You can change that globally or just within profile activity streams. Globally is from within CB > Plugin Management > CB Activity > Parameters > Activity > Comments > Create and profile activity streams only is within CB > Tab Management > Activity > Parameters > Activity > Comments > Create. Set "Create Connected Access" to "Disable".

2. Members can not write anything in "About" ("Om" in Swedish - see pic) Contact, Canvas and Portrait is working fine. It worked just fine but now nothing happens when trying to write... Where are the settings for that?

Not sure what you mean by this. What do you mean nothing happens? That just looks like a field in profile edit. Does your changes not save when saving your profile?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325868 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic comments and profile text
Thank you! Now all can comment each other :)

Regarding the second question, when you click in the box itself to update your text, nothing happens. You are unable to write any text, or delete the text you already have ... nothing happens ...

I guess I happened to change some setting - but where are these ??

2 years 8 months ago #325874 by krileon

Regarding the second question, when you click in the box itself to update your text, nothing happens. You are unable to write any text, or delete the text you already have ... nothing happens ...

What type of field is it exactly? Looks like it might be an Editor Text Area field, but the WYSIWYG editor isn't loading. If it is and Editor Text Area field what WYSIWYG editor do you have set in Joomla?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325907 by SKWebb
Replied by SKWebb on topic comments and profile text
What type of field is it exactly? Looks like it might be an Editor Text Area field, but the WYSIWYG editor isn't loading. If it is and Editor Text Area field what WYSIWYG editor do you have set in Joomla?

Now I saw something strange - when looking at the plugins in Tabs, there is nothing under About (see pic - hope you understand even if its in Swedish).

How strange?! We changes template for the whole site maybe something happened then? Do you have any tip on how I can make this work??
Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #325914 by krileon
That's just a regular tab that can hold fields. You can find what fields are on it within CB > Field Management. My guess is it's a problem with your WYSIWYG editor. Try changing to TinyMCE within Joomlas global configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn