GJ Events Approval

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325928 by victoriakim
[#8677] GJ Events Approval was created by victoriakim
Hi,

The GJ events are set to 'Enable with Approval', but they get displayed without any approvals. Though the admin got a notification email to approve the event.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #325930 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Events Approval
Approval is group based. This means if the group owner creates the event or a group admin creates the event they don't need approval. CB Moderators, Group Owner, Group Administrator, and Group Moderators won't require event create approval.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325953 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ Events Approval
Maybe I wasn't clear... So I am a group owner (also an admin), and I set the event to be 'Enable with an Approval' for that group. But the event submitted by a group member got enabled without my approval. To make sure, I logged in as a registered user (not an admin or group owner), and I still could see that event showing in the group. The attached screenshot shows the group setting.
Attachments:

2 years 8 months ago #325960 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. Within CB GroupJive Events > Events edit the event and check its Published state. It should be set to Unapproved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 8 months ago #325986 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic GJ Events Approval
I checked the publishing states, it's Unapproved, but the event still gets to show to whoever has access to the group.

I created a group fresh and tested, this issue persists.

2 years 8 months ago #325998 by krileon

I checked the publishing states, it's Unapproved, but the event still gets to show to whoever has access to the group.

It will show to Group Owners, Group Moderators, Group Administrators, and CB Moderators. If you're logged in as the group owner then that's to be expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds