Too many redirects upon login ??

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #325931 by rbuelund
Too many redirects upon login ?? was created by rbuelund
All of a sudden new users get this errer in the browser upon login: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
I use CB with CBSubs
Has there been any recent code changes that could cause this problem ? They are not able to get access to the site..

EDIT: Could it be this problem again again: forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7269 - if I deactivate "Reset password" on the users profile, then the user can login !!??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #325935 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Too many redirects upon login ??
Seams to work fine in my tests. Do they also have an expired subscription or not subscription? If so is CBSubs configured to not allow registration without a subscription? If that's the case it might be getting stuck in a redirect loop with it trying to send them to profile edit while CBSubs is trying to send them to plan selection. Alternatively something else is trying to redirect away from profile edit. Check CB Auto Actions and make sure you don't have some sort of custom redirect behavior on profile edit display triggers. Note this could be a 3rd party extension doing this as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #325937 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Too many redirects upon login ??
This happens for newly registered users upon first (and following) logins. So they have a paid and active subscription. No Auto actions active that could cause this. The page has 300 users and has worked well until now. Nothing has been changed, but CB and CBsubs have been updated.

CB: 2.6.0+build.2021.07.28.00.57.07.b796becaa
CBSubs: 4.5.2+build.202…

2 years 7 months ago #325938 by krileon
This only happens when their account has Reset Password toggled on? Why is it toggled on for a new registration? Is the CB system plugin in extensions > plugins public and published? It's responsible for setting the redirect URL to CBs profile edit page when using reset password. Aside from that the redirect isn't handled by CB at all. Unpublish the plugin and let Joomla handle it 100% and see if you still get stuck in a redirect loop.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #325940 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Too many redirects upon login ??
Yes it happens only when account has Reset Password toggled on. If I toggle it off now, the problem is gone, but when I toggle it on again, the problem is back. I can't say why it was toggled on - I have asked the admin - but no matter what I believe this should not happen.

I have no plugin with the name CB system ?

I have theese three Joomla CB plugins:
Captcha - CB AntiSpam captcha cbantispambot - Not enabled
System - CB Auto Actions system cbautoactionsbot - Not enabled
cbpaidsubsbot system cbpaidsubsbot - Enabled

2 years 7 months ago #325941 by krileon
CBs system plugin should be named "Community Builder System plugin".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn