Too many redirects upon login ??

2 years 7 months ago #325943 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Too many redirects upon login ??
Ok - if I disable the Community Builder System plugin - the user can log in with Reset Password toggled on - but then the user is redirected to the Joomla profile and not the CB profile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #325944 by rbuelund
Ahaa.. the setting " Rewrite URLs" in the Community Builder System plugin was set to Disabled - if I set it to Enabled - then the redirection works - BUT I have not changed that setting before - so is this some kind of new requirement???

2 years 7 months ago #325945 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Too many redirects upon login ??
Rewrite URLs and Redirect URLs are defaulted enabled so must've been turned off at some point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #325946 by rbuelund
Hmm are you shure !? I have just checked 5 sites - 4 of which I am the only admin and I am 200% shure that I have never changed that setting. It is default Disabled.
Only "Redirect URLs" is default Enabled.

2 years 7 months ago #325947 by rbuelund
I wonder - could this have been caused by the update bug that also was resetting other CB settings, some time ago?

2 years 7 months ago #325948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Too many redirects upon login ??

I wonder - could this have been caused by the update bug that also was resetting other CB settings, some time ago?

No, that only impacted core plugin settings, which is where CBs configuration is stored. Even if it did the default is enabled not disabled.

Hmm are you shure !? I have just checked 5 sites - 4 of which I am the only admin and I am 200% shure that I have never changed that setting. It is default Disabled.

If they were very old sites that had the old CB Core Redirect plugin installed which got migrated by CB 2.x then that would explain why it was disabled otherwise all new installs of CB 2.x should be default enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn