CB - UddeIM Compatibility error

2 years 8 months ago #325969 by micheleq
CB - UddeIM Compatibility error was created by micheleq
Hello,

In going over my logs, I see that on any page I load the UddeIM modle or component, my Apache logs the following:
[Tue Aug 10 09:03:56.821904 2021] [php7:warn] [pid 457084] [client XX.XX.XX.XX:60103] PHP Warning:  Declaration of getuddeimTab::sendUserPMS($toid, $fromid, $subject, $message, $systemGenerated = false, $escaped = false) should be compatible with cbPMSHandler::sendUserPMS($toUserId, $fromUserId, $subject, $message, $systemGenerated = false, $fromName = NULL, $fromEmail = NULL) in /var/www/html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_privatemessagingsystem(uddeimpms)/pms.uddeim.php on line 252, referer: https://MYSITE.com/forum/communityconcerns/6126-social-media
[Tue Aug 10 09:03:57.105593 2021] [php7:warn] [pid 457084] [client XX.XX.XX.XX:60103] PHP Warning:  Declaration of getuddeimTab...

This error gets logged every couple of seconds, unfortunately.

I have not updated to the latest versions of Joomla and CB yet as there are many updates I need to do to the server for upcoming requirements, which means extensive testing that I have not gone through with yet.

On a related note, I read in this forum that UddeIM will be discontinued for version 4. UddeIM is a major component in my sites and I'll need to address this one way or another moving forward. I'll have to delve deeper into the CB PMS, but I wasn't able to find functionality like an Inbox, sent messages, etc. I've written a LOT of CSS code to make UddeIM responsive and look "pretty" on phones and desktops alike. Pitty to have to redo that.

Thank you,
Tomás

CB 2.6.0+build.2021.05.20.15.15.36.c7bc73d0f
uddeIM 4.0

Setting Value

PHP Built On Linux sever-01 5.4.0-58-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 9 08:16:25 UTC 2020 x86_64
Database Type mysql
Database Version 5.7.28-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.4.3
Web Server Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
WebServer to PHP Interface apache2handler
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.9.27 Stable [ Amani ] 25-May-2021 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #325970 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB - UddeIM Compatibility error
UddeIM is overloading a function of a core CB class and never updated to have the new parameters we needed to add. It's safe to ignore albeit it will log a warning if you've error reporting or debug mode enabled.

On a related note, I read in this forum that UddeIM will be discontinued for version 4.

Correct, it now available on Github found below if you wish to contribute to maintaining it though.

github.com/slabbi/uddeIM

I'll have to delve deeper into the CB PMS

It's enabled on our demo site so feel free to give it a try there.

but I wasn't able to find functionality like an Inbox, sent messages, etc.

We don't have an inbox. You can filter messages to Sent and Received however using the dropdown on the top right next to the search box though. This too will be gone in the future as well as we'll be moving towards chat and dropping this strange email/chat hybrid we currently have.

I've written a LOT of CSS code to make UddeIM responsive and look "pretty" on phones and desktops alike.

The built in PMS is completely responsive for desktop and mobile views. I suggest giving it a try. You might not need to make any adjustments at all. You can even have PMS attachments powered by CB Gallery so users can send photos, etc.. with their messages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn