[SOLVED] [#8684] Issue uploading files in a field group

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326117 by systems
Hi, After the recent update I am now experiencing a problem uploading files. The problem occurs when a file is uploaded using a field in a field group. It only happens in the front end. Back end works fine. The problem occurs when the field is HTML rendered or not. It is difficult to describe accurately so I have included a link to a video showing the problem. Also get the following error
Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/accurotest/public_html/libraries/cegcore2/gcloader.php on line 63

Link to video
drive.google.com/file/d/1z-6PeP9lJgcMiA8o-ryo0jScjOTAmt5T/view
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326125 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue uploading files in a field group
The deprecated notice from your 3rd party extension called "cegcore2" library files is why the display after saving is broken. It breaks the JSON response. Fix that or turn off error reporting in Joomla global configuration to suppress it and the JSON response will be fine.

As for the remaining issues it looks like I'll need to add custom handling to CB Field Group like what was done with image fields for when a new row is inserted. Have added a bug ticket to fix that. I cannot fix the JSON response issue as that's caused by a problem specifically on your site.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8684

I however don't recommend using a field group field for what you're doing. I suggest using CB Gallery instead and create a Gallery Field for holding your file uploads or uploads of any kind where you need to allow multiple in a single field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Issue uploading files in a field group
Ok, have investigated further and am unable to confirm. This was fixed awhile back already in CB itself. Please ensure your install is completely up to date and if issue persists please recheck after fixing your issue with your 3rd party extension and if it still persists after that please let us know.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 7 months ago #326130 by systems
Replied by systems on topic Issue uploading files in a field group
Hi,
I did have CB up to date but did not have the Gallery plugin up to date or published because I have not needed it.
As soon as I updated it and published it the issue resolved.
Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn