PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

2 years 7 months ago #326223 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

So I've just put the english site into a subfolder.

This will break the IPNs for any subscriptions purchased before the move to a subfolder. Their IPN URL is already stored at PayPal without the subfolder.

For the record I did ask you before moving the site into a subfolder, if that will affect my CBSubs current subscriptions, payments etc, in anyway.

Reference:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/244040-moving-cb-and-sbsubs-to-a-subdirectory

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #326232 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning
I was not aware you were using recurring subscriptions. All other subscriptions, payments, etc.. wouldn't be impacted by moving the site to a subfolder or different domain. I should've made that more clear in my reply, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

2 years 7 months ago #326279 by fede312
The IPN URL will be something like the below.
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=GATEWAY_ID&cbpbasket=BASKET_ID&do=gw&result=notify&cbpid=TOKEN&format=raw

That's exactly how the URLs coming within the PayPal warning notification look like.
Where do I find those URLs within CBsubs to know which ones to reroute?

So for example you could rewrite all URLs to your sites root beginning with /index.php?option=com_comprofiler and send them to your subfolder.

That sounds even better! You mean whatever URL begins with /index.php?option=com_comprofiler gets rerouted to the members/ subfolder?

I didn't know that was possible. That will save me time, because I so far I have have been redirecting the URLs from the PayPal warnings, one by one as they come. How can I do that?

Thanks,

2 years 7 months ago #326280 by fede312
No worries, I have learned a great deal from you!
I'm grateful :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

2 years 7 months ago #326285 by beat
Cool, thanks!

Btw, is this topic solved ? Could you write your rewrite rule ? there are many examples of modrewrite rewrite-rules on the web, and even in the .htaccess example file of Joomla htaccess.txt in its main folder.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 7 months ago #326293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warning

I didn't know that was possible. That will save me time, because I so far I have have been redirecting the URLs from the PayPal warnings, one by one as they come. How can I do that?

You'll need to create a mod_rewrite rule to do that. See the below documentation on how to create rewrite rules.

httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/rewrite/intro.html

This assumes you're on Apache. If using NGINX you'll need the below documentation.

www.nginx.com/blog/creating-nginx-rewrite-rules/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn