[SOLVED] Can't Update to latest build

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #326358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't Update to latest build
Where are you trying to update CB from? From within CBs install from web or manually downloaded and uploaded? You should only see that error if something on your site is breaking the installer API response, which the JS expects to be valid JSON. Typically means your site is throwing errors of some kind. Are you seeing any errors in your server error log?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KathAhren09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326370 by KathAhren09
Replied by KathAhren09 on topic Can't Update to latest build
Hi Kyle, Thanks. I looked on the webserver and saw the /logs folder and all I saw was a bunch of .gz files??? Hosting is at SiteGround. Should I ask them? The CB updates have been failing for a while now so I have been backing up the com_profiler db, Uninstalling CB, then importing the com_profiler table. I really messed it up. Is there a professional I can hire to help?

2 years 6 months ago #326378 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look. I may not be able to fix the issue depending on what's going on with your site, but hopefully can find some clues as to what's causing all this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 6 months ago #326381 by KathAhren09
done, and thanks

2 years 6 months ago #326403 by krileon
Ok, have reviewed your install. The findings are not good. I've no idea what did it, but all CB tables are broken due to missing their primary keys. More than likely core Joomla tables are in the same shape as well. The only thing I can think of that could do this is a bad backup tool used to restore the database, manually altering the database, or maybe you tried to copy the tables over but didn't copy the primary key and auto increment.

This is FAR outside the scope of our support, BUT I have repaired your database. Please be EXTREMELY careful when dealing with your database as at some point either you, another admin, or some tool you've used has completely destroyed the table structures of CB.

I did not examine other tables so you may still have issues with other extensions or core Joomla tables.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 6 months ago #326406 by KathAhren09
Thank you. I used phpMyAdmin to export the tables. Then uploaded the file it gave me to the new database after dropping the old tables. I think that's where the damage was done :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn