[SOLVED] put an image within the canvas profile

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #326589 by qneal78710
I see how you have the portait image on the left side of the canvas background. I would like to add an image to the right-upper side with the same options as the portait field. I was able to get an image field but I can't place it within the canvas background to the upper right side.

Also, with I created the image field, the image I upload does not resize itself when it is save and place anywhere on the profile. Can you test this on yourside to see if I'm making a mistake. I tried the settings below and still the image does not resize itself.

Maximum Image Height

Maximum Image Width

Maximum Thumbnail Height

Maximum Thumbnail Width

Maintain Aspect Ratio Yes, with Cropping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #326593 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic put an image within the canvas profile
basically I would like to upload an image of my college mascot and place it on top of the canvas in the top far right corner. And I would like the options that you have for the portrait image such as rounding, etc.

2 years 6 months ago #326599 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic put an image within the canvas profile
You can't put anything on top of the canvas. The reason it doesn't allow for that is because whatever you put there would sit on top of users avatars when viewing on mobile devices. It just doesn't work responsive wise. You can only place fields down within the box where a users name is. There are 2 positions there. Canvas Stats and Canvas Info. Their placement is as follows.

Regarding image sizes they only take affect during upload. You cannot upload, change sizes, and expect it to reprocess every image ever uploaded to that field it does not do that and is unlikely to ever do that as it'd just crash servers trying to process that many images.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

2 years 6 months ago #326606 by qneal78710
Replied by qneal78710 on topic put an image within the canvas profile
Thanks for the information. All is well, you can close this ticket

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn