Problem in GJ Group creation

2 years 5 months ago #326717 by timstohr
Problem in GJ Group creation was created by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I have made a video of the problem because it would have taken too long to describe it here and so that you can reproduce it easier. 1drv.ms/v/s!Ap2Qzya9x1hVkJhSHbspHsnOd9NM1w?e=Qj8X2Q

Kind regards,

Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326727 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem in GJ Group creation
You're on the general create group page instead of the create group page within a category. So it shows all available types and will then do the group type check at store time. The category you selected doesn't allow for Page types. Edit your category within GJ and adjust its allowed types if you want to allow Page types in it. In a future release this will be improved where category dependent parameters like Type will adjust based off selected category. So for now that's unfortunately normal and expected behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326736 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic Problem in GJ Group creation
OK understood. Can't be helped then. For UX reasons, I cannot have the user access the Create group within category page as the users choose category only when creating the group. I am not using categories page...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn