Possibility to stay on the same tab when editing profile?

1 year 10 months ago #329548 by fkrauth
Hi!
I have multiple tabs on the profile page. When I change to edit-mode for the profile, the tab usually also changes.
Is it possible to stay on the same tab when editing the profile?

Thanks a lot!

Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329551 by krileon
No, they're different tab instances. You'd have to write your own custom JavaScript to do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #329555 by fkrauth
But how do you evaluate this behaviour? Wouldn't it be better for everyone with a "non-custom" solution?

1 year 10 months ago #329556 by krileon
Just because they selected a profile tab it doesn't mean that tab is relevant to them editing their profile and that profile tab may not even have a profile edit tab. Profile view and profile edit keep track of tabs separately. When returning to profile edit this lets them return to where they left off. For a better user experience it would be best to use CB Core Fields Ajax to let them inline edit their profile without having to go to profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329557 by fkrauth
Hi!
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Got it!

Best regards,
Frank
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn