CB Subs is subscribing the wrong plan

13 years 1 month ago #152786 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Replied by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com on topic Re: CB Subs is subscribing the wrong plan
Is the EXPIRED email of the Basic plan being sent?
>>>Yes

Is the user receiving a thank you for subscribing email pertaining to the Basic plan?
>>>Yes

>>> and after I receive the paypal confirmation, the system assigns the new plan and sends out also the email corresponding to the new plan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #152793 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs is subscribing the wrong plan

Is the EXPIRED email of the Basic plan being sent?
>>>Yes

Is the user receiving a thank you for subscribing email pertaining to the Basic plan?
>>>Yes

User should not be receiving a thank you email for they Basic plan unless the subscribed to the plan. They SHOULD receive an expiration email for the Basic plan if they expired. Please keep in mind expired emails need to be triggered by logging into backend and viewing CBSubs once a day. You can configure how these are triggered within CBSubs so other means will fire expiration emails.

>>> and after I receive the paypal confirmation, the system assigns the new plan and sends out also the email corresponding to the new plan

This is correct.

Please provide exact steps as to what you're doing. I asked for further details and you gave less then previous posts...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #152798 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Replied by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com on topic Re: CB Subs is subscribing the wrong plan
I just confirmed:

The expire email was sent jan 13th and the upgrade was done today.

in addition,

What if the member wants to upgrade before the expire date? This doesn't make any sence...

Please note that CB is a fantastic software and I thank your for developing it, but CB Subs is not working properly to be sold. I am going to need to upgrade to up 500 members very soon and I am very afraid to continue trusting in the CB Subs application:
- It does not send grace period warnings
- It only send email when we log into the feature (and I not very sure of it)
- I have to keep checking errors and trying to fix it manually almost daily. This is becoming hard to do with a lot of members.

13 years 1 month ago #152807 by krileon

What if the member wants to upgrade before the expire date? This doesn't make any sence...

User can upgrade before expiring as they see fit, they should not receive an expiration email in doing so. They should receive an email regarding the plan they just upgraded to however (if configured). Plan emails are configured by editing your plans and reviewing Presentation tab or if using CBSubs Emails on its respective Integrations tab when editing your plans.

Please note that CB is a fantastic software and I thank your for developing it, but CB Subs is not working properly to be sold. I am going to need to upgrade to up 500 members very soon and I am very afraid to continue trusting in the CB Subs application:

I do not agree with this statement; we've many users with very large userbases using CBSubs quite comfortable. Joomlapolis it self has been using CBSubs for over 2 years now. My personal site for a year now. Plus all test environments run CBSubs locally during our development cycles. We've been fixing and implementing on a day to day bases, bug fixes and features do not appear overnight and are working as diligently as possible.

Please understand not understanding how to use the software doesn't mean there is a problem with the software. We provide a documentation of over 200 pages for CBSubs; please I HIGHLY recommend reading it.

No where on this site did we state it does. Sending emails in advance is a feature we PLAN to implement. This does not mean it's implemented already.

As stated earlier you can trigger expiration emails in additional ways by seeing CBSubs > Settings > Global > Mass expire subscriptions method:. Assuming you're using CBSubs 1.1.2 of course where this feature is made available.

- I have to keep checking errors and trying to fix it manually almost daily. This is becoming hard to do with a lot of members.

What errors? You'd not provided any further information. I've asked twice now for details and you continue to reply with vague posts. You did not provide any URLs, no screenshots, no detailed step by step.. nothing has been provided for us to accurately duplicate your issue.

I can not help you if you will not help in the process. Debugging and issue is not an easy feat; especially so if you do not help us understand EXACTLY what is going on and how to replicate it. If it can't be duplicate that typically means it's not a bug, a good thing!, which means it could be a usability issue or possibly just a conflict.

Please review the below article on how to structure a support post and reply with the requested information. I would simply investigate your installation for the problem, but the issue is you've not provided the exact steps or issue exactly to duplicate that issue; we do not simply mindlessly wonder a users install for a single issue, sorry.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs (please see Help Us Help You)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #152816 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com

User can upgrade before expiring as they see fit, they should not receive an expiration email in doing so. They should receive an email regarding the plan they just upgraded to however (if configured). Plan emails are configured by editing your plans and reviewing Presentation tab or if using CBSubs Emails on its respective Integrations tab when editing your plans.

>>> Ok, but if the system is sending emails from the wrong plans is that my fault??? I can give you access to my admin panel, because I dont see what is wrong. What do u mean with screenshots, what screenshots do u need?

I do not agree with this statement; we've many users with very large userbases using CBSubs quite comfortable. Joomlapolis it self has been using CBSubs for over 2 years now. My personal site for a year now. Plus all test environments run CBSubs locally during our development cycles. We've been fixing and implementing on a day to day bases, bug fixes and features do not appear overnight and are working as diligently as possible.

Please understand not understanding how to use the software doesn't mean there is a problem with the software. We provide a documentation of over 200 pages for CBSubs; please I HIGHLY recommend reading it.

• >>> I am sorry but I feel like a Beta-tester, and if I am not seeing the problem inside 200 pages of text, maybe its your job to help me!

No where on this site did we state it does. Sending emails in advance is a feature we PLAN to implement. This does not mean it's implemented already.

>>>OK, Inside your 200 pages of instructions do you say that the feature is there but dont use it because it is not working? (I am prety sure, that the first time it happened I lost customers for not warning then that the trial period was over.)

As stated earlier you can trigger expiration emails in additional ways by seeing CBSubs > Settings > Global > Mass expire subscriptions method:. Assuming you're using CBSubs 1.1.2 of course where this feature is made available.

What errors? You'd not provided any further information. I've asked twice now for details and you continue to reply with vague posts. You did not provide any URLs, no screenshots, no detailed step by step.. nothing has been provided for us to accurately duplicate your issue.

>>> Hey, I dont mean to post in the forum just to screw your job. I have the most respect for your work, and I am sorry if I wasn´t clear with my problems.

I can not help you if you will not help in the process. Debugging and issue is not an easy feat; especially so if you do not help us understand EXACTLY what is going on and how to replicate it. If it can't be duplicate that typically means it's not a bug, a good thing!, which means it could be a usability issue or possibly just a conflict.

Please review the below article on how to structure a support post and reply with the requested information. I would simply investigate your installation for the problem, but the issue is you've not provided the exact steps or issue exactly to duplicate that issue; we do not simply mindlessly wonder a users install for a single issue, sorry.

>>> Ok, Can you please go to my admin panel and take a look on what maybe wrong? You designed it and maybe you can see the problem instantly. I have to go making changes in all the tabs hopping that it works. You agree, CB Subs is not an easy tool to handle.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #152892 by krileon

Ok, but if the system is sending emails from the wrong plans is that my fault??? I can give you access to my admin panel, because I dont see what is wrong. What do u mean with screenshots, what screenshots do u need?

Please provide backend login credentials as well as -EXACT- steps to duplicate the issue.

I am sorry but I feel like a Beta-tester, and if I am not seeing the problem inside 200 pages of text, maybe its your job to help me!

Software is on-going, it's never "done". More or less when software is in development the enduser is always a tester. I have been trying to help you, please re-read all my previous posts. You've done none of what I requested.

OK, Inside your 200 pages of instructions do you say that the feature is there but dont use it because it is not working? (I am prety sure, that the first time it happened I lost customers for not warning then that the trial period was over.)

Please state where this is the case (I've searched for the term Grace and found no such statement anywhere Grace is mentioned) as this could be a documentation error; we've plans to implement this feature, but it is not yet implemented. CB 1.1.2 documentation spans over 400 pages so can be quite daunting to read, but is well worth it.

Hey, I dont mean to post in the forum just to screw your job. I have the most respect for your work, and I am sorry if I wasn´t clear with my problems.

Don't understand the reply to my reply, this still does not provide the information I asked.

As do I have respect for you as the enduser. The debug process is simply a 2 way road, it's a give and get situation, requiring effort on both parts. Without the appropriate information is extremely difficult or impossible to determine the issue, which is the primary purpose of our Help Us Help You FAQ article (help users structure support posts).

A vague description of the problem, while I know should be enough is simply not as CBSubs and CB it self are very extensive. Without clear definition we can't appropriately duplicate and diagnose the issue (we always try to duplicate on our test environment to rule out 3rd party conflict).

Ok, Can you please go to my admin panel and take a look on what maybe wrong? You designed it and maybe you can see the problem instantly. I have to go making changes in all the tabs hopping that it works. You agree, CB Subs is not an easy tool to handle.

I did not design any part of CBSubs aside for most of its integrations. I don't know how to duplicate your issue, nor do I know exactly where it is happening, nor do I know of any errors you maybe having.

The only issue you've made apparent is user is receiving Basic email when subscribing to another plan, which isn't possible and have tried to explain if reneweing or subscribe to Basic while also subscribing to another plan would cause that, but you've neither confirmed or denied this.

This is because you've continued reply after reply to not do as I've asked. We do not head into a users installation with absolutely no direction. More or less I have no information to go off and instructed you review help us help you in order for a properly structure reply so I would have the information I needed.

At any rate please PM backend login credentials and will attempt to review your issue based off what information was provided.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn