Connections override for admins in front end

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151239 by ignatius2
Hi guys

is there a way to enable connections override for authors, editors or admins in the front end.

I use my tabs to upload invoices in my clients' profile tabs. Establishing connections with each one of them to enable this would be a nightmare.

Is there a way to let authorized users (above "registered users") see all the tabs of all the users in the system and to bypass the connections process for them?

Note that by default, access to tabs is allowed only for connected users (option 2 in the privacy table).

Thanks

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151267 by krileon
As far as I am aware site moderators and admins are exempt from CB Privacy as in regardless of user configuration (aside from not visible on profile) the moderator or admin should be able to see the field content. Is this not the case? You can configure what usergroups are moderators within CB configuration on the moderation tab.

Alternatively you could try adding a Delimiter field that is on a Tab only visible to Author users and above that has substitutions such as [cb_myfield] to display field content.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151283 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic Re: Connections override for admins in front end
Thanks Kyle,

Can you help me make sure I understand you correctly?

You wrote "moderators and admins are exempt from CB Privacy ... (aside from not visible on profile)".

I know that admins can access the data from the back end. I am concerned about the front-end. I have many users/editors who will access the clients tabs to upload and download files (via fabrik tables and fields). I do not want them in the back-end. Am I understanding you correctly?

If this is the case I will have to try to implement your second paragraph solution using fabrik. Not so cool though :(

Thanks

13 years 3 months ago #151397 by krileon

I know that admins can access the data from the back end. I am concerned about the front-end. I have many users/editors who will access the clients tabs to upload and download files (via fabrik tables and fields). I do not want them in the back-end. Am I understanding you correctly?

Site moderators as configured within CB do not have access to the backend, but they can edit users entire profiles from frontend; so this is probably not a solution for you.

I would recommend using substitutions as this is likely the best approach to guarantee display to specific usertypes as necessary. Sorry, I do not know what fabrik tables and fields are so not comment on their usage, but should easily be done with a new Tab (from Tab Management) and delimiter field (from Field Management) using substitutions (tutorial as follows).

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn