Can I have Multiple Profiles with CB+CBSubs?

13 years 3 months ago #151568 by rebreanu
Hello/ Bonjour/ Hallo/ γειά σου (because I don't know who will answer I must salute everyone :) )

On my new (still not existing yet ) website I wish that users to be able to register in the following way, please tell me if this can be done by CB+CBSubs from back end joomla/CB/CBSubs admin panel, without core hacks / PHP knowledge:

Multiple step register, step one (first page of the registration form) must contain first name field, given name field, email address field, password field, confirm password field, CB captcha field, terms and condition check box and a drop down field with 2 option, option one "I sign as a regular user - paid membership" and option two "I sign as a free member - need administrator approval", and Next button/link. (until now I am able to do this by myself because I have read the CB documentation - 186 pages.)

What I CAN'T DO is to redirect the users that choose "I sign as a regular user - paid membership" to the second step of the registration, and this will be the "Pay now" page and/or to redirect the user that choose "I sign as a free member - need administrator approval" to the second step of the registration page for this kind of user, where must be a second registration form with other profile fields that this kind of user must complete in order to register.

"I sign as a regular user - paid membership" type user can login without administrator/email approval once the payment occurred and has bean confirmed.

"I sign as a non paying member - need administrator approval" type user can login ONLY AFTER he receive an email from the administrator with " your free membership has been approved, you may login now".

This feature is out of the box from you know who product, but they sell just a copy of the fa****ok functionality, which is not what I need for my future informational portal.

I need j1.5+CB+CBSubs so please help me give you my money!

I will look forward for your answer. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151636 by krileon

Multiple step register, step one (first page of the registration form) must contain first name field, given name field, email address field, password field, confirm password field, CB captcha field, terms and condition check box and a drop down field with 2 option, option one "I sign as a regular user - paid membership" and option two "I sign as a free member - need administrator approval", and Next button/link. (until now I am able to do this by myself because I have read the CB documentation - 186 pages.)

CB nor CBSubs has "step by step" registration. I'll spill the beans on my latest not yet release incubator project CB Conditional which will provide conditional fields/tabs and step by step registration. Please do not ask when as incubator projects are personal projects made public and I'll have it done when I have the time to completely finish and test it. Once it's released it'll show up on the incubator.

CBSubs can allow you to have multiple profile types however by hiding fields at registration on a plan by plan basis. For example Plan A can hide fields 1, 2, 3. While Plan B hides fields 4, 5, 6. This would give a unique registration experience based on the plan selected. You'd need to in addition to use this feature need to use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection to hide those fields on registration as well (included with CBSubs package).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebreanu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn