[SOLVED] Selecting, Viewing and Printing User Lists

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151654 by CWGWebmaster
We are new users of Joomla and CB. We have recently brought up a rebuilt website for our organization of 150-200 members. We wish to create several user lists. How do we view these lists and then print them to paper?

When the CB User Manager is up, it shows the database of all of our users. First, why can we NOT order all of these entries in alphabetical order? Second, at this place, can we then show one of our lists? If so, how? Once we create the list, it is not clear how we can view the list, much less print it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151710 by krileon

We are new users of Joomla and CB. We have recently brought up a rebuilt website for our organization of 150-200 members. We wish to create several user lists. How do we view these lists and then print them to paper?

Userlists are created from Userlist Management from backend. There is however no print feature. So you'd simply need to just print the whole page. If you navigate to the userlist with &format=component then it will display JUST the userlist (strips Joomla template). This could be used in a pop-up window or something of the sort.

First, why can we NOT order all of these entries in alphabetical order?

User Management is NOT a Userlist. You can not sort it the way you can sort a userlist by editing that list and changing the Sort By parameter.

Second, at this place, can we then show one of our lists?

Userlists are shown on frontend and not backend by creating a menu link to them.

Once we create the list, it is not clear how we can view the list, much less print it!

I highly recommend reviewing your documentation as this is basic CB setup. You simply need to add a menu link to your userlist to view it, again though there is no print feature for lists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #151765 by CWGWebmaster
Replied by CWGWebmaster on topic Re: Selecting, Viewing and Printing User Lists
Thank you very much for the quick reply. This has been very helpful.
Best regards,
CLBaer

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn