[SOLVED] Can I use this hack for email as username?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153197 by rebreanu
Replied by rebreanu on topic Re: Can I use this hack for email as username?
Kyle, you are a GOLD MINE!

YES, THIS IS THE ANSWER!

If I disable name, first name, last name fields from registration than THE MIGHTY CB SCRIPT use the email as username!

It was so simple!

After this I only need to redirect the user to a very nice page where I ask him/her(/it :) ) to kindly fill his full name, location etc.

THIS IS GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

My dummy heavy truck driver brain can't handle (just yet) the great tutorial from your allmysocials.com .

I only need to make somehow the CB script to fill at the registration stage only the username field with the email field value, NOT THE NAME FIELD!

P.S. After testing this email as username mini hack, thanks to Kyle's answer, I realize that if I display in the user profile tab only the first name and second name fields, WITHOUT THE STANDARD NAME FIELD FROM JOOMLA, everything is working just fine (until now), no problem with the joomla name field filled with email field value.

Kyle, thank you again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #153243 by rebreanu
Replied by rebreanu on topic Re: Can I use this hack for email as username?
Today I have installed the great CB Fields plugin from the Incubator area of joomlapolis (professional membership required to access the Incubator) and I seted up in 3 seconds the following:

On the new user registration form I finally have (thank you Kyle:) )only those fields:
First name
Last name
Email address
Pass
Pass verify
CB Captcha
Accept terms check-box

and NO USERNAME FIELD! because CB Fields plugin (THE CB FIELDS PLUGIN !!!) allowed me to set up in a minute the following trigger:

onAfterUserRegistration >field 'username'> set value equal to> 'user_id'

and that was pretty much everything!

Guys, keep up the good job!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, heyai

13 years 1 month ago #153247 by nant
Thank you for sharing this experience with everyone - very glad that our cool leading edge incubator projects are helping you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebreanu

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn