Expired email messages are not sent

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151762 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Expired email messages are not sent was created by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Hi There,

Something is wrong with my Cb Subs 1.1.2

The system is not sending the automatic emails after expiring.

The users appear as active and I dont know if it is due to the 1 month grace period or what is wrong.

(I already entered tha admin panel and stayed there for quite a while)

Can you please help.

Txs,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151778 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Expired email messages are not sent

The users appear as active and I dont know if it is due to the 1 month grace period or what is wrong.

A user does not actually expire until the grace period is over. This means the expiration email will not send out until that grace period ends. We are aware of the need of "email in advance" so users are emailed before they actually expire and is high priority on our todo list.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #151808 by webtechgal
Replied by webtechgal on topic Re: Expired email messages are not sent
:unsure: I hope you don't mind me piggy-backing on this post. I have a similar issue, in that my client wishes to have notifications sent in advance of the membership expiration. I have to admit, I thought this was something that CBSubs was already doing, and feel silly that I did not know it didn't. So can you suggest a process for doing this, if the capability does not currently exist in CBSubs? I saw one post where a user said he was using an external (3rd party?) process, but he did not say exactly what was being used. I feel I have egg on my face with my client as I implemented CBSubs with the idea it would take care of all their subscription needs...
Any help is gratefully received!
Thanks!

13 years 2 months ago #151811 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Replied by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com on topic Re: Expired email messages are not sent
I am sorry, but I agree with webtechgal.

If it does not expire and does not send out emails, what is the point of the grace period anyway???

13 years 2 months ago #151812 by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com
Replied by paulo_bettencas@yahoo.com on topic Re: Expired email messages are not sent
Please find attached a screen capture of the problem.

To add events you have to be registered.

If you want to check out, please tell me and I will open an account for you.

Thanks,
Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #151918 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Expired email messages are not sent
The only known workaround is that provided by our users at the following link.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/123764-expiration-email-question

We are aware that email does not send in advance. We have set this as top most priority feature wise. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn