[SOLVED] New problem with lists

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151890 by dfirsching
[SOLVED] New problem with lists was created by dfirsching
My client requested that I change "Member Since" to "Registered Here Since", and I changed "Alternate field title for age/time ago/birthday only display:" to that and it looked OK. They also wanted labels removed on one column of some lists, so I did that.

However, now the lists have lost all the fields and filters and, what's more, I can't click "Add" and have them added back in!

Is it possible that this change messed up the lists? I went and changed "Member Since" back the way it was, but of course the lists are still not working. Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151892 by dfirsching
Replied by dfirsching on topic Re: New problem with lists
CB tools also told me:
In order for CB to function properly a Joomla/Mambo menu item must be present. This menu item must also be published for PUBLIC access. It appears that this environment is missing this mandatory menu item. Please refer to the section titled "Adding the CB Profile" of the PDF installation guide included in your CB distribution package for additional information regarding this matter.

Well, I had had that work fine before, but I added another menu item for that to go away.

Tools gives me:
Core CB Database structure differences:
Table #__comprofiler_fields Rows fieldid = 52 : Field profile = 2 instead of 0
The Core CB database structure differences can be fixed (adjusted) by clicking here: Click here to Fix (adjust) all Core CB database differences listed above (you can also Click here to preview fixing (adjusting) queries in a dry-run), but in all cases you need to backup database first as this adjustment is changing the database structure to match the needed structure for the installed version.

What is the best way to recover from this? And, should changing what I did above have messed up CB?

13 years 2 months ago #151939 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: New problem with lists
Within CB tools use the Click here to fix to fix that field. Once done enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Now try to edit your userlist (or view from frontend.. try both) to see if there are any fatal errors. Please also review browser error console as not being able to click Add is due to a JS conflict. Please try disabling CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dfirsching

13 years 2 months ago #151952 by dfirsching
For some reason, I can now again add fields and filters back into the lists.
The filters, though, had a 0 in place of the initial tick, and a box with numbers in it instead of the final quote.

I still don't know why and still have the other issue of the errors the Tools gives me.

13 years 2 months ago #151958 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: New problem with lists
Please re-read my previous post and perform steps as instructed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #151960 by dfirsching
I did the repairs under Tools and made a new profile menu item to replace the one I had (though it seemed to work), and now everything seems to be back working. I also did the change to the "Member Since" to "Registered Here Since" title in RegisterDate and that seems to be OK.

I am chalking this up to some sort of glitch but it sure is weird. Can anybody provide any insight? Related issue was that Akeeba Backup wouldn't run but now will run again. I did not reinstall it or reinstall CB.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn