Additional registration alerts required

13 years 3 months ago #152060 by alphamedia
Additional registration alerts required was created by alphamedia
My site requires its users on registration to select from a drop down list a group of 500 parishes which is a custom field that I created. At present, when a user registers, I have to contact all of these parishes alerting them that someone has registered and for them to approve the registration. This is taking ages. What I would like is if when a user registers and selects a parish, an email alert is sent out to the field that they selected based on that particular selection..and for the receive of that email to approve the registration. Can this be done in CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152072 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Additional registration alerts required
Out of the box, no it can't be done. It can certainly be done in a plugin that utilizes triggers such as after registration. Please see the below tutorial concerning trigger usage in a new CB plugin as well as a working example.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/228-event-triggers

Below is a tutorial concerning usage of a custom Email function that utilizes CBs email API.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/234-sending-api-emails

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alphamedia

13 years 2 months ago #152090 by alphamedia
Replied by alphamedia on topic Re: Additional registration alerts required
Hi. Thanks for the quick response - I should have added that I have no php or sufficient programming knowledge, hence for a quick return I am hoping that someone could develop this on behalf of me and then I'd make payment for it. Is this something you or someone could do. Or could it be something that could be offered under your professional members support.

13 years 2 months ago #152209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Additional registration alerts required
The tutorial provided explains trigger usage and email api usage as well as a fully working installable example making it easy for one to practice, test, and learn to write working plugins. Also on my site on the right hand side contained within the modules is a spew of resources to assist in learning PHP for example.

None of the incubator projects available to professional subscribers would be able to accomplish this. There is an Emails integration, but it is not conditional based off a fields value (planned to be added, but can't say as to when).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn