[SOLVED] Profanity filtering of cb fields / cb profilebook

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152152 by big_rich
Whats the best way to handle profanity / swearwords filtering with CB ?

As far as I can see the only option for the fileds is to list all swear words in the "forbidden words" lists for each field. Which seems a bit cumbersome, especialy since its a list that will probably need to develop over time.

I can't find any way of doing this with profilebook apart from manualy editing swearwords out once posted ??

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152210 by krileon

As far as I can see the only option for the fileds is to list all swear words in the "forbidden words" lists for each field. Which seems a bit cumbersome, especialy since its a list that will probably need to develop over time.

This is your only option, there's no built in profanity feature used across all fields or anything of the sort.

can't find any way of doing this with profilebook apart from manualy editing swearwords out once posted ??

There's no filtering at all for profilebook, you'd need to edit the plugin and manually add such a feature or continue to manually remove the words.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: big_rich

13 years 2 months ago #152282 by big_rich
Thanks Kyle,

Would you mind telling me how you handle this on joomlapolis? I know that most forums have profanity filters, but it seems that on a comunity site you also have the danger that members can potentialy fill their profiles with swearwords, making your site look bad and needing you to be constantly reviewing profiles and possibly banning users.

13 years 2 months ago #152292 by nant

big_rich wrote: Thanks Kyle,

Would you mind telling me how you handle this on joomlapolis? I know that most forums have profanity filters, but it seems that on a comunity site you also have the danger that members can potentialy fill their profiles with swearwords, making your site look bad and needing you to be constantly reviewing profiles and possibly banning users.

We handle it with the CB report function.
A user can report any other user for any reason (spamming, profanity, etc).
Then we moderate the offender and remove posts, ban profile, disable account.

13 years 2 months ago #152403 by big_rich
So you let the comunity police itself so to speak ?

Well it seems to work, maybe I'm just being overcautious but I didn't think things would be that simple.

Thanks Nick

13 years 2 months ago #152420 by nant

big_rich wrote: So you let the comunity police itself so to speak ?

Well it seems to work, maybe I'm just being overcautious but I didn't think things would be that simple.

Thanks Nick

Traditionally that is how we do things and its been working very well for over 7 years and now over 360K members.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn