blank screen - cannot access my profile

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152174 by ignatius2
blank screen - cannot access my profile was created by ignatius2
Hi,

I am having a traumatic issue and my site is going live in two days. Please save me. I have spent a while looking for a solution in the forum but couldn't find anything that worked.

When I log-in under certain user_id's - say as a superadmin - I get a blank/white screen without any error message after about 10 or 15 seconds of search (instead of seeing my profile). The page address appears in the browser tab.

If I remove "/my-profile" from my browser page's address to reload my home page, I can see in my CB-login-module that I am actually logged-in...

BUT if I click on the user-menu "my profile" link, I USUALLY get the blank screen again after 12 seconds of search, and sometimes - but rarely - I get to my profile.

When I click on the "edit my profile" menu link, I am brought to the right page immediately. No issue there.

What is really strange is that If I log as a newly created "editor", or "registered" user, this does not happen. Everything works.

If I am able to login, the same problem happens after I upload a document within one of my tabs (I have 8 tabs, 6 of which contain tables created with Fabrik).

This happened before and I solved the problem by reorganizing the order in which the plug-ins were loaded into the page.

But this was not enough. The problem is back.

Clearing my browser cache does not help again.

I suspect that this is an Apache or PHP timeout or memory issue but I do not know how to figure this out. My PHP settings are:

- default_socket_timeout is set to 60 sec
- Default_mysql timeout is set to 60 sec
- memory_limit is set to 40M
- post_max_size is set to 8M

The memory limit may be as low as 30 (and the reading of phpinfo be wrong). Fabrik recommends 64MB but should work with as little as 32MB.

If memory limit is the issue, I am in trouble because my host limits it to 40MB.

Thanks for your help.

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152178 by nant
Only way to check if memory is an issue is to look at your webserver error logs - ask your hoster if you cannot access on your own.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152180 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic Re: blank screen - cannot access my profile
Thanks for the prompt answer Nick,

It is a shared server (1and1). I'll contact them.

Can you think of another cause for the issue?

I unpublished my Fabrik tabs/plugins and the problem disappeared. The issue is triggered by the Fabrik requirements or by the combination of both the requirements of CB and Fabrik combined.

thanks

John

13 years 2 months ago #152184 by ignatius2
OOOPS

I cannot access nor get any log, so looking at the error logs is not an option.

My only resource is your knowledge and experience.

Can you think of another cause to my problem than the memory limit?

If memory limit is the issue, I'll have to reinstall everything on a dedicated server. Big pain in the neck...:dry:

Thanks

13 years 2 months ago #152213 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: blank screen - cannot access my profile

I cannot access nor get any log, so looking at the error logs is not an option.

This is typically a "deal-breaker" if your host can't provide proper logs and easy access to them. I recommend requesting a refund and moving hosts. Error logs are absolutely vital for finding out issues such as these as it is quite impossible to know exactly what is happening without such logs. Especially so if no on-screen errors are displayed when debug mode and maximum error reporting is set within Joomla global configuration (ensure you've done a test with such a scenario).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152269 by ignatius2
I just run the tests, per your recommendation.

It seems to confirm that it is a memory issue, but I cannot figure out if something is wrong in my setting and if my problem could be solved without having to migrate to a dedicated server.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 29622272) (tried to allocate 122881 bytes)

Can I PM you the error page so that you can have a quick glance at it?

Thanks a lot

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn