blank screen - cannot access my profile

13 years 2 months ago #152280 by nant
This means you are getting only 30M of memory - you will have issues with Joomla and its extensions.

You need to get more memory - either by pushing your hoster or changing hosters.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152372 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: blank screen - cannot access my profile
The error is saying you've only 28.25MB of memory available. I recommend at least 32MB. Please ensure if you're increasing memory limit via PHP.ini that you place a copy in joomla root and root/administrator. Otherwise it will only function on frontend or backend instead of both.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152399 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic Re: blank screen - cannot access my profile
Thanks a lot guys,

Conclusion of this (and for all to know), you cannot run Community Builder on a 1and1 hosting package - and not even on one of their managed server - because they all have this 28MB memory limit (despite the fact that phpinfo.php tells me that the memory limit is 40 MB).

Big pain in the Neck! Do you guys know a good and reputable host that has a substantially higher php memory-limit. What host do most of the community builder users use?

Thanks

John

13 years 2 months ago #152419 by nant

ignatius2 wrote: Thanks a lot guys,

Conclusion of this (and for all to know), you cannot run Community Builder on a 1and1 hosting package - and not even on one of their managed server - because they all have this 28MB memory limit (despite the fact that phpinfo.php tells me that the memory limit is 40 MB).

Big pain in the Neck! Do you guys know a good and reputable host that has a substantially higher php memory-limit. What host do most of the community builder users use?

Thanks

John

If phpinfo says 40, then please read our FAQ about memory - there is an htaccess parameter that might help you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn