PHP error on profile pic upload SOLVED !!

13 years 2 months ago #152340 by bajadudes
Replied by bajadudes on topic Re: PHP error on profile pic upload
can you tell me where on the servers cpanel I would check to see if they are installed and what version number they are?

I will do some more research and call the person that sold me the dedicated server to see if they can help.

From the initial error message I indicate in the 1st post of this thread it looks like it does not like the ver# of the current GD libraries and wants me to upgrade it. Is that a false assumption since in CB configuration it says they are not installed?

Thanks for the responses guys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152347 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: PHP error on profile pic upload
you can check your phpinfo (see Joomla backend) to see if GD library has been installed).

13 years 2 months ago #152358 by bajadudes
Replied by bajadudes on topic Re: PHP error on profile pic upload
Whoo Hoo problem solved. I went into WHMvps>>software>>easy apache update>>start customizing based on profile>>choose which Apache to build (2.0 in my case)>>next step>>choose which main PHP version to build (5 in my case )>>next step>>choose which specific PHP ver to build (5.2.9 in my case )>>next step>>click on jump to "PHP">> check "GD" and "curl">> save and build at the bottom of the page.

there were about 10 min of tension as it recompiled and then bingo all is now working and GD2 libraires show in CB configuration as auto detected ver 2.0.34

I also noticed and item called mbstring that was not enabled and somewhere in the massive trove of documents I have been reading this past week I seem to recall that this too should be enabled. Is this correct?

In any case thanks for giving me the confidence to start mucking around in the server admin stuff.

hats off to everyone.

13 years 2 months ago #152371 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: PHP error on profile pic upload
No idea about the mbstring question but very glad you got things working for you - congrats!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn