[SOLVED] Remove link to profile from CB Users List

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #152361 by dfirsching
Is there a simple way to produce a CB Users List that shows the name and profile image of each person, but without a link to their profile? Or perhaps replacing that link with a link to the e-mail form or something else?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152369 by heyai
see krileon's reply here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/152169-link-to-profile-controlled-at-the-list-level#152212
So no, there's no easy way it seems. You'd have to edit core files.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152392 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Remove link to profile from CB Users List
Easiest approach is to probably edit your CB template PHP and change the layout to not use TR's as the jQuery click handler is attached to the TR. Another approach is to edit comprofiler.html.php (lines 755-776) and delete the entire loading of the jQuery responsible for assigning the click handler; this won't remove links from say Username though. Both changes will affect all userlists mind you; so you'd need to add IF/ELSE statements if you only want the change on a specific list.

The handler path is "#cbUserTable > tbody > tr", removing tbody element would prevent the jquery from working, but still keep table layout.. this could stop some CSS from working that too is searching for tbody, so be careful with your adjustments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dfirsching

13 years 2 months ago #152398 by dfirsching
Replied by dfirsching on topic Re: Remove link to profile from CB Users List
Right - it would only be for one specific list that would be public, as the profiles are not to be public, and would need to come off the username as well as the profile image. Other lists would still need the link.

Thanks for the pointers - this will take some thought!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn