Broken Profile Edit in Backend Lost all User Data

13 years 2 months ago #152498 by lmelnick
I am building a new site and had just uploaded and installed UddeIM premium plugins and a bunch of the plugins from Advanced Membership here. I don't know what broke, but even unpublishing it all, doesn't bring it back. I have 13 members with full data in their profiles, but they don't come up in the List on the frontend, there is no link to their profile after logging in, and in the back end, they show up in the user list but when I click to edit the data, nothing shows up and no buttons to edit. My site is here: esd10.linktoaustin.com. The Personnel button at the top is the List. Thanks, Lainey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152500 by nant
Please give more information about your environment.

Do you have a backup to restore from?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152503 by lmelnick
Joomla 1.6, CB 1.3.1, what else do you need to know?

I think I may have turned off something in the config files but I don't know what. When I go to CB User Manager in the Joomla admin, I see all the members listed just as they were before.

When I click the link from their name, I go to a page with header: Community Builder User: Edit [ ]. There is only a Save and a Cancel button on the right top. Nothing shows up in the content. Also, if I click New on the CB User Manager Page, I get the same thing.

When I try to register as a new user from the front end, the registration form, doesn't come up.

I'm sure this is where all the other problems stem from. So I don't think it was adding the plug-ins, but I think it was in my configuration changes made after they were added. It could be from anywhere though. I changed tab mgmt, field mgmt, list mgmt, plug in mgmt, and I went to the tools area and ran all the tools and made the changes that it recommended by just clicking the link. I don't even know what they were.

Any ideas or do I need to re-install everything?

Thanks, Lainey

13 years 2 months ago #152509 by lmelnick
It's all working now. I had changed the access settings in the Plug In Manager to Public, and changed it back to a blank setting on all of the plug ins, and now it all works. Crazy.

I still do have another issue though. I installed UddeIM 2.2 and there is no link to the component that shows up when I create a menu item. I got around it but putting the URL with the component id as an external link.

13 years 2 months ago #152513 by nant

lmelnick wrote: Joomla 1.6, CB 1.3.1, what else do you need to know?

Actually, this is enough.
CB 1.3.1 was working pretty good on Joomla early betas and RC, but last minute Joomla API changes made when Joomla 1.6.0 was released have cause some issues. Some of these issues have already been discussed on these forums (please search) and some patches have also been given. Other issues are being addressed as we speak and there will be a CB 1.4 released (first to Professional members as RC and once identified issues have been taken care of then a 1.4 stable public release will take place).

So if you can cope with these issues you can continue working on Joomla 1.6.0 or you can revert back to Joomla 1.5.22.

My personal suggestion - Joomla 1.6.0 is very new and I would not use it on critical production sites yet - at least not until it reaches version 1.6.3.

Hope this helps...

13 years 2 months ago #152514 by nant

lmelnick wrote: I still do have another issue though. I installed UddeIM 2.2 and there is no link to the component that shows up when I create a menu item. I got around it but putting the URL with the component id as an external link.

I am not sure uddeIM is Joomla 1.6.0 ready yet ...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn