MailChimp Integration with Joomailer

13 years 2 months ago #152505 by sonservant
MailChimp Integration with Joomailer was created by sonservant
Hello,
I'm using the Joomailer MailChimp integration component and I'm having difficulty getting things to work.
Joomla 1.5.22, Joomailer 1.5.3 and Community Builder 1.3.1.
I've posted on the JM developer's forum for support but I thought I'd ask if you've had experience with this component or integrating CB with MC.
Problems;
1. I'm not able to get the newsletter subscription to show in the CB registration form.
2. Name fields are not visible in the JM component. This apparently is an issue they have with Predefined fields.
a. Is it possible to delete the Predefined Name fields and recreate them as text fields which JM can read? If I created a text field with "_UE_YOUR_FNAME" and all the other parameters the same would this work or would it break CB?
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152511 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: MailChimp Integration with Joomailer

sonservant wrote: Hello,
I'm using the Joomailer MailChimp integration component and I'm having difficulty getting things to work.
Joomla 1.5.22, Joomailer 1.5.3 and Community Builder 1.3.1.
I've posted on the JM developer's forum for support but I thought I'd ask if you've had experience with this component or integrating CB with MC.

Sorry, personally no such experience from my end...

Problems;
1. I'm not able to get the newsletter subscription to show in the CB registration form.

Does the newsletter system have a CB plugin also? I CB plugin is needed to integrate with CB Registration form.

2. Name fields are not visible in the JM component. This apparently is an issue they have with Predefined fields.
a. Is it possible to delete the Predefined Name fields and recreate them as text fields which JM can read? If I created a text field with "_UE_YOUR_FNAME" and all the other parameters the same would this work or would it break CB?
Thanks.

NO, do not attempt to delete predefined fields. This will break CB.
The solution should be found on the newsletter side and not by hacking CB.
Sorry I cannot be more helpful here...
The following user(s) said Thank You: sonservant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn