Multiple User Groups

13 years 2 months ago #152577 by strom1975
Multiple User Groups was created by strom1975
I am hoping to find out if I am able to set up multiple user groups/registrations in cb.

1 registered users that would be private.

2 registered organisations that would have search able profiles, within a directory and with a url specific listing.

I have a basic idea of the code that would need to be written to set this up, but would take me a lot of time or cost.

there seems to be theme that only cb subs can do this, is this correct???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152741 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Multiple User Groups

there seems to be theme that only cb subs can do this, is this correct???

Yes, CBSubs is very capable of accomplishing multiple usertypes. As a side note if you wait for CB 1.4 and use Joomla 1.6 you can use its built in multiple usergroups to accomplish this. Whichever you prefer would be acceptable, but I highly recommend CBSubs given its great deal of control without having to touch ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #152950 by strom1975
Replied by strom1975 on topic Re: Multiple User Groups
Thanks..

I have purchased the cb subs and will try to proceed with that.

I am having a problem getting it to upload on my local server, I have set up the windows ioncube and the cb subs seems to upload ok, but when i try to open cb subs in the backend i just get a blank screen with a 504 message.

Is there something that I am missing???

13 years 2 months ago #153160 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Multiple User Groups

Is there something that I am missing???

Probably not enough PHP memory. Please review your documentation included as well as the FAQ as follows concerning blank pages.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn