[SOLVED] City, State in CB Userlists

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152952 by dfirsching
[SOLVED] City, State in CB Userlists was created by dfirsching
What is the best approach to be able to show "City, State" in CB Userlists rather than two fields, "City", and "State"?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152962 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: City, State in CB Userlists

dfirsching wrote: What is the best approach to be able to show "City, State" in CB Userlists rather than two fields, "City", and "State"?

If I understand the question correctly, you can use a delimiter field that puts these together.

[cb_city], [cb_state]

13 years 2 months ago #152979 by dfirsching
Replied by dfirsching on topic Re: City, State in CB Userlists
That's great, however, I must still be missing something in my understanding. When I go under List Management and edit the list, I am just using the list builder to select the fields. Where and how do I go to edit the list to be able to put in that delimiter?

Thanks!

13 years 2 months ago #153012 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: City, State in CB Userlists

dfirsching wrote: That's great, however, I must still be missing something in my understanding. When I go under List Management and edit the list, I am just using the list builder to select the fields. Where and how do I go to edit the list to be able to put in that delimiter?

Thanks!

You need to create a delimiter field using the CB Field Manager.

Give it a name, and put the [cb_city], [cb_state] valu in the editor area of the delimiter (same area is used for tooltp comments on other fields).

Then in User Lists the delimiter field name should appear in the list of fields names you can push in the four corners (column1,2,3,4).

I believe this is explained in the documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dfirsching

13 years 2 months ago #153018 by dfirsching
OK, sorry to be so dense. I've got it figured out. I had not used delimiter fields before and so that word did not click with me.

So to anybody else looking for this result -- try creating a DELIMITER field!

Thanks!

13 years 2 months ago #153019 by dfirsching
One followup --
Is there any way to NOT have to show the calculated field on the user's profile? I found that if it was not shown on the profile, it is not shown in the list, either, even though published. (Moving to a tab that is not shown because it's only visible to an administrator removes it also.)

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn